1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Social Networking Game developers hoping to launch Google+ games within weeks

Shortie861 Aug 1, 2011

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

It’s no secret that Google is preparing an applications platform for its Google+ social network. Game developers say they’re looking forward to making games for the platform, which could launch within a matter of weeks. Google+ has gained tens of millions of users in the past four weeks and has become an attractive platform with a lot of potential for growth in the future. Game developers and publishers want to adapt their games to it so that they can diversify away from platforms such as Facebook and the iPhone, adding a new source of revenue. The launch of the Google+ game platform could open a big new audience for game companies and create an interesting alternative in the war for the hearts and minds of game developers.

Read more: Venture Beat

2. zararina

zararina Chat Addict

A lot of gamers for sure are waiting for games development at Google+. Better if there will be new games (not yet developed) for them to be able to attract more curious players.:beerbang:

3. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Couldn't agree with you more there Zararina :) newer games would be great over at Google+ however I feel that from what I have heard it will be Zynga who is one of the main game developers so possibly we will be seeing CityVille, Farmville etc over there.

4. Cecil15

Cecil15 I am Me...

Oh, I don't think that it will still be a hit if we would only see the same games with Google + again. Why would anyone switch if they can play those games in Facebook with their friends? I don't think it's a good idea. And Zara is right, they better come up with new awesome games to divert the attention of avid FB players.

5. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

First game has arrived "City of Wonder" everyone else access it ok ?