1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Games that continue....

Krymzn Feb 23, 2012

1. Krymzn

Krymzn New Chatter

Do you think that games such as COD should stop for a while rather than going on and immediately doing Black Ops 2?? I think they need to back off for a while and let things go, get some feedback then go maybe in 2 years or so, just let it sink in...

OR

They could attempt what EPIC are succeeding at and go completely different like Fortnite and give that a shot! Fortnite looks sick by the way!

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I do agree with you I think they are going too far now with the whole releasing every year, problem is though the more people buy their new releases the more they are willing to do it and probably will keep doing it. I would love to see them take a step back and stop releasing for a while or maybe release a new title while they work on a new and better COD game.

3. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

CoD, madden, DBZ games, any other game that gives out new of the same stuff at $60 bucks. Need to stop for awhile!

Shortie861 likes this.
    4. Ikram45

Ikram45 Getting There

They need to come up with new and fresh stuff. Just like how COD4 changed the whole gaming scene back in 07' ! :)

5. Elseb

Elseb Regular Chatter

If a series is making money, they will put out as many games as they can. Simple business really...

6. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

these days, that's called pokemon.

7. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

If nobody bought the games, then they wouldn't be making new games all of the time. Since these guys are making bank then they have more motivation to release new material all of the time.

8. TGLucario475

TGLucario475 Talkative

I think they're trying to milk the cash from the cows, with the cows being the players. Should just step back for a few years, make ALOT of improvements and release a totally better and NEW game that's based on the series at hand. Look at Skyrim for example.

Shortie861 likes this.
    9. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

You mean release the same game with prettier graphics? I can tell you how Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim are all basically the same game with better graphics, sure we can go into the improvements in the battle system, but they're all basically the same games.

10. TGLucario475

TGLucario475 Talkative

The same thing can be side with the Call of Duty games, the same thing in nearly every game but a slight improvement. But my biggest urk is the FIFA Football games where it's basically the same thing everytime but updated statistics and controls to do more things, where you can do ALL of that in a park with friends and enjoy yourself too.

As for Skyrim, even though I've never played but watched friends play it for a few hours and talked about it, is that they used Elder Scrolls as like an improvement system for Skyrim where they'd get the consumers to give them feedback on where to improve and iron out anything that doesn't seem right.

11. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I totally agree with you on the Fifa games, my son loves to play these and I can never understand why as they always look just the same to me on every release.

COD I have given up on for now because it's just too repetitive, it comes out as a new game but never really feels like that upon game play.

12. TGLucario475

TGLucario475 Talkative

It's like "Oh, we'll give you some new guns to use and maybe a vechile, change the map around and make it look more realistic than the last game. Thank you for your money than can be used to buy food or to have a social life with." - My view on it with a comedic twist. If they was to change everything, make it alot better and everything then it'd be a new game.

13. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

The bolded part confused me. Elder Scrolls is the series that Skyrim is in. Like Skyward Sword is the name of the game, and it's part of the Zelda series.