1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Gay Marriage Finally Accepted

Shortie861 Feb 6, 2013

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

So it seems that gay marriage is finally being accepted in the UK however it seems many are still mixed about two people of the same sex getting married.

What are your thoughts on same sex marriage? Do you feel that it finally being accepted was a good move?

2. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

I don't mind 1 way or the other but I think the vote has done serious damage to the Tories.

3. wiseguy

wiseguy Chataholic

gay marriage....because putting their finger in one ring just isnt enough... sorry couldnt resist lol

jnugget likes this.
    4. Suri

Suri Shy Chatter

I've no special opinion or thought.
      But I think it's breaking the natural orders.

5. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

Well I think same sex couples have just as much right to suffer the torture known as marriage as different sex couples.

Kaynil and jnugget like this.
    6. MsPJ

MsPJ Ms Biscuit

I don't care

7. jnugget

jnugget Regular Chatter

why not they should be able to do as they please since they arnt hurting anyone are they?? suppose im biased with me being bi and all lol

Shortie861 likes this.
    8. Marti

Marti Super Moderator Staff Member

i don't mind it unless the person is pushing it on me

jnugget and Shortie861 like this.
    9. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

It's wrong on all levels, but really if the issue was they didn't have the legal status to have those tax breaks and other things that real Married couples have, why didn't they just write laws to legalize those spiffs. To rub it in everyone's face and have the nerve to tell other people and their children that it's normal for two men to walk around with their tongues in each others mouths, well it's sick. It goes to show how far down society has gone, one day you will be sitting in a fast food with two of these people slobbering over one another and your child will ask you what are they doing, explain it to them. Next year it will be barn animals, there are those out there that are even sicker than this bunch, I'm sure they're already planning a lawsuit. No problem, half the supreme court is queer, it's a sure thing.

10. APS

That is a totally biased argument against Males,not once do you mention the female side of it.
      It signals that you find the Male side of it embarrassing but you are fine with the Female side of it.

11. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

I don't find it embarrassing, I find if repulsive behavior, and children would probably pay less attention to females. Males are dominate and seen as the stronger sex, that's the way we were made, for a purpose and a reason. I'm sure everyone in our present time would like to change that, they've been trying now for 40 years and making a little headway. If there's any complaint take it to God, I'm sure he'll be more than happy to explain the theory of Man and Woman, and the difference in their roles. I'm quite happy being who and what I am, those that aren't, you will usually find are under the age of 40. I also think there is enough trouble in our world already that would deter me from trying to make more trouble. There once was a term for females, effeminate! it is their God given side that makes them what they are, not something to argue over or try to change. I came from a family where the women were homemakers and raised the children and even worked when they needed to work. Money became more important than families and it shows in our society. Remember this, we are all products of our own culture and what you see today will snowball into a Godless world, not just your town or neighborhood but our entire world. If anyone thinks past history was cruel or brutal, you have no idea what lies in the future. Good or Evil .... Right or Wrong now why would I be embarrassed at someones behavior.

12. jnugget

jnugget Regular Chatter

dude you are living in the dark ages and you sound homophobic to me and in that case i wont say any more to you

13. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

No, I live in the present where people like yourself love to label people when they don't bow to your twisted logic, you are the one that is living in the dark ages, personally I don't care if you pack coal in your arse. Homosexual behavior is not the norm, all your sniveling crying and kicking your feet don't make it acceptable. You live in a fantasy world where if things don't go your way you want to change the laws and the rules of society to live your twisted life, it don't work that way and as long as there are people who still think like I do some people will still be able to see how wrong this is. If you're unhappy or disappointed with your own life then change it, you don't go about it telling other people like myself to change because it makes you feel better about yourself. The only phobic in this conversation is you, I don't like it and I don't accept the behavior. Welcome to the real world, I don't advocate persecution or lawless behavior against homosexuals, so that's a dead dog right from the very beginning. So please in the future don't label me, I think my opinions are clear enough for others to either like or dislike me, without your consent.

14. APS

Genesis - "God created man in his own image" so he made mistakes then ?

jnugget likes this.
    15. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

Perhaps you should ask your Pastor or another member of your church. Humans are making mistakes, the biggest one allowing the elements of right and wrong to be completely voided because it makes you feel better about yourself. If you can imagine living in a world without any order of precedence to follow or laws concerning decency, or no limits to personal behavior, then go for it, I'm sure somewhere in recorded history you will find plenty reasons you shouldn't. Society will once again return to savages as we were thousands of years ago, all you need to do is turn on the TV and you will see just how close we already are. Your time would be better used believing in God rather than questioning God, more experienced people in the past have already done that and they did not become the winners. I don't really care what people do in their own daily lives or personal lives, I do care about people attempting to force on me beliefs that are contrary to my own upbringing and the things I believe. Writing laws that deface union between man and a woman are not something a human should be proud of. People like myself do not accept it, we don't like it... and you can't ever change that. You can label me insult me what ever floats your boat, but you do not get my approval to make a path for inevitable harm to not only my country but the entire civilization. All for the appeasement of a very miniscule portion of the total world population, and no one can see the complete idiocy of it all. I guess once the total population becomes same sex then the world will finally die, I doubt that, they could simply write new laws.

16. APS

I don't believe in God or the church they're nothing special just ordinary humans who believe they know everything.
      They then try to force that on everyone else.
      90% of the problems in this world are caused by people hiding behind religion.

jnugget likes this.
    17. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

How have they forced this on you, did they threaten you, deny you the right to express your beliefs? I guess the real problem is people, if it weren't religion it would be skin color, global location or personal appearance. So who stays and who goes, pretty clear if you happen to be a member of a group or race that don't believe in defending yourself or your beliefs, it only becomes a matter of time and you will become extinct. You can see that happening in most parts of the world on a daily basis. Who's the real person out there you can follow or believe in, I certainly don't see any, there's nothing in our present world that really is righteous or great, if you have nothing to believe in then the future will be pretty bleak for you. I only have a few close family members left, one thing I do know is none of us will have any role in what this world turns into, I'm living in my final years now and I can truly say I'm glad I won't be around for what's to come. I did my best and lived a lawful life and hurt no one except in service of this country, I don't get personal satisfaction labeling or hurting other people because they don't believe the same things I do. You'll just have to do the best you can I'm sure. If I were hiding from anyone or thing I wouldn't be on this forum or others. I don't want to change you or anyone else, only you could do that, I'm not foolish enough to believe otherwise.

18. APS

I can't spot where I said they forced it on me.
      The word try makes a total difference to the sentence.
      Your 51 weeks older than I am but I'm quite happy to carry on as long as possible to see which direction the world takes.

19. jnugget

jnugget Regular Chatter

maybe you dont accept it but who has the right to deny gay people what everyone else already has??

20. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

And what is this "what everyone else has"... a normal life.?. I think I've already made it clear I don't care what you do, I don't care who you love, I don't care about any of those things. I care about someone telling me I have to accept it cause 2% of the world population said I had to. Personally I hope you have a wonderful life and enjoy this time on earth, but just like me you have a choice in what you do and the lifestyle you choose to live, no one forced you , and we expect no less than the same from you. All the certificates and pretty documents don't make it right or acceptable, if you live a life with same sex partners then most of us don't have a problem with legalizing a union in legal terms for legitimate reasons such as taxes and thing s like that. It still is the same to us, we don't like it and don't appreciate someone re writing what the definition of marriage is to appease those that are not the same. Has it ever occurred to you that when you hear someone say something or show surprise in your behavior that you just might be doing something that is not normal. Some here already said they didn't care, the world is full of people who don't care, that's why the politicians ceased upon a silly law that would buy them a few votes. If you think a few people telling the rest of the entire world something like this is normal or acceptable behavior then I'm afraid you're in for a very big surprise. The longer you label people and hate people because they don't accept it will only continue to keep it exactly as it now is. The only denial is from gay people themselves, you have a choice in what you do, we don't force you to live as you do. If you're deprived or misplaced it's because you placed yourself there.