1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

George Strait - I Cross My Heart

Shortie861 Jun 18, 2013

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

So, doing my usual clicking on songs I have not yet heard and listening to them came around again and I came across this one :)

I love George Strait myself, feel he is a brilliant and talented singer and his songs really prove that but this is the first song in a long while that has brought a tear to my eye, such strong words and such a great song.
      HAL WARD likes this.
    2. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

Yes, my Sister in law is in love with George......he actually came along on the scene in Houston after most of the good clubs were beginning to fade. I always spent my time at one or two clubs in the early 70's in Houston, but the House Band and Singer for the club I spent most of my time at was named Kelly Shoppa, a very good under rated singer and guitarist, he was around in the 60's when all of my friends and myself were just teenagers, he is still going strong and plays regularly. I have one recording he actually recorded and it was not George Strait that recorded it first, the song was written for Kelly Shoppa, it is still my favorite version, maybe because I listened to the man play and sing for a lot of years and he was just the very best there was, I don't think there was anything he could not play and sing well. In country music there are different styles , it is Western Swing that was popular then in the 70's , not the same today...there are too many people singing country that aren't country, they just talk country, singing is much different. Here is the real first recording of Amarillo by Morning.... Kelly Shoppa you can find George Straits version on Youtube, a good job but it don't float my boat.