1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Hairstyles at school

Shortie861 Oct 9, 2016

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

It's becoming more and more common now for children to be sent home from school for little things such as their hair style. Children nowadays want to be able to express themselves whether that be in how they dress or even how they have their hairstyle but schools have a different view on the matter and instead are not happy if children come to school with different kinds of hairstyles and would rather see them come to school with basic hairstyles.

Do you feel it should be policy that children should have basic hairstyles in school?

I personally do not feel that it affects their learning so why should it matter?

2. TiggyDoolittle

TiggyDoolittle Resident Weirdo

While I do feel the child should be allowed to be themselves and have the a style they like there should be limits. Like don't come to school with a bright pink mohican *hey some kids might just do that* as this can be distracting lol.

Shortie861 likes this.
    3. Shortie861

I agree, anything that is too 'out there' and a little over the top I agree they should be stopped and told about it but normal hairstyles such as maybe a little spiky, a pattern shaved into their hair at the sides I don't feel that warrants any kind of problem at all with other students or their learning :)

TiggyDoolittle likes this.
    4. Maddie

Maddie Getting There

I don't like having short hair. I've never liked my hair short. Ever. I don't know why but I just can't stand having short hair on myself. Now, don't get me wrong, I think there are some girls that look good with short hair and I have nothing against a girl wearing their hair short if that's what they want. But I just never liked it on me.

But if I was ever in a situation where the school didn't like my long hair (for whatever reason), they would just have to send me home.

5. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

Just a FYI, when you get into the real world working business there is a lot more rules and restrictions to follow than what is in schools. These kids are complaining now, but they have a lot more to bitch about down the road.

Shortie861 likes this.
    6. Shortie861

I agree however everyone is always saying about how children should be allowed to have a child hood and be able to express themselves to give them that confidence boost and many of the children being sent home for certain hair styles are merely doing that. I believe as long as it's not any kind of crazy colour and it's not a distracting hair style I see no problem.

A guy I know in a store down the road from me he always has his hair in like a mohawk style and said to me the other week how he would like to dye his hair the same colour as mine (purple) however him working he isn't able to but the mohawk style is fine just the colour would make it a problem.

If children are going to school with these kind of styles with their normal hair colour and it's not a huge problem in most work places why should it be a problem in schools as long as they are reaching their targets and getting on with their work?