1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Has Society Grown Soft

Demon_skeith Jul 31, 2013

1. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

[​IMG]

Comic strip says it all, do you think society is losing it's god given abilities? Being over taken by the easiness of tech?

2. robertson123

robertson123 Regular Chatter

I am not sure maybe who know's

3. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

considering people cling to smartphones like a life line I say yes.

4. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

I don't think soft is the right word, the economy is so poor around the world that people actually worry and sacrifice more than people in my era say 40 years ago. Technology doesn't ease the pain of not being able to purchase a home or new cars and other things. Phones and computers are no more than tools now, not something that is a personal achievement to simply own or have one. So no I don't think people are soft, they are living in much worse times than me and my buds did years ago.

5. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

I'm not asking about economy, I'm asking if humans are getting lazy depending on other things than their god created abilities. (ie, instead of thinking out a math problem in your head you go right for a calculator.)

6. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

Tools are what has advanced the world, why would a person want to go back to doing less when he can do more using a tool. I suspect people use tools because it's the smart thing to do, you won't find any accountants filling positions using a pencil and paper or their heads. Compete or get left behind drives the world, unless your just born lazy and don't want to advance or get ahead. Does driving a car make you lazy when you could walk or run or even ride a bicycle, no you can sleep longer and still get to where you need to be using that car. Does writing a letter to a family member or friend make you lazy when you could call or email. The only lazy people on the planet are lazy people!:frog: