1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Have you ever lost someone very important to you?

Beverly Oct 22, 2011

1. Beverly

Beverly Getting There

Maybe it wasn't a romantic relationship but someone that meant a lot to you? Like someone who was the true love of your life and then they just slipped away or decided it was over?

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I have a few times yes, it is very heartbreaking but I have been able to get through and come out better in the end. Alot of the times this has happened to me it's been with people who I can now look back on and think "Maybe I was better off without them"

The worst is when I lose friends who I really care for, that hurts alot. This happened to me a few years ago a friend I had just suddenly deleted me from all the places I had him as a friend on Myspace, Facebook and Xbox Live and wouldn't speak to me at all no matter how many times I tried. Felt so bad however around 5 months later he came back to me and wanted to be friends again and so far we have been friends ever since, it hurts alot when you go through that but is is a great feeling when things turn out good.

3. fiona1964

fiona1964 Chataholic

I lost my first love when we were only 16 he was hit by a car in 1980 we had been together since we were 7

4. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I am sorry to hear that Fiona, that must have been hard on you.

5. Beverly

Beverly Getting There

That's so sad. I'm sorry for your loss. My brother was my best friend growing up, we knew each other from birth, only being a year apart in age. He passed when he was 19 and i was 18 and i was never the same after that. The only way i can not cry is to not think about him and that's even sadder, not being able to think about someone so important to me. But i did get closure to the situation after my daughter was born. Still it hurts to think about him. So many years later and i'm still not in a happy place to do that.

I am glad it worked out for you.

I had a friend do a similar thing to me about five years ago.

One day, i sent her an email with an idea on how we could work together. I figured it was just a natural extension of our friendship cause she designed graphics and i did blog templates at the time. And, she accused me of stealing her idea. Cause she was also designing blog templates. Which ironically she started AFTER me. So she copied my idea and then later got angry cause i still wanted to do that same thing. LOL!

It's funny thinking about it now. But at the time, i would have given anything to have her back as a friend. Felt like she was my sister, we had a very good bond and talked about everything.

She only spoke to me one time after that, other than to email to scream at me for being a horrible friend and copying her.

Still don't know what the real reason for her dumping me as a friend could have been.

Later on, she stopped her blog template/graphic design services and went out of business.

But she never bothered trying to be my friend again, even after that.

Can't say that i am better off without her. But if she would just dump me so easily then maybe there was not much to our friendship as it seemed.

6. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Well, i'd say I haven't lost anyone in paticular, but yeah, I think I've been through a couple of deaths myself and never got me teared up. They were simply acquaintances, not really close people.

7. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear <3 Staff Member

I lost a few close people to me, yeah. I lost a really good friend back in 2010. He had cystic fibrosis and he finally lost his battle with it. At least he is no longer suffering. I also lost my grandmother at a young age. She's been gone 13 years already. Time flies....

8. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Had a friend who passed away and crossed over a couple of months ago.

9. Carrie

Carrie Quiet Chatter

Absolutely, still wonder how my old online flame is doing. Also had my father pass away about 5 years ago. he was the rock, the core of the family, ever since we've all went our separate ways. its actually really sad when families split up after death.

10. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

I've lost 3 people important to me.
      My Father in 1975
      My Brother in 2006
      My Mother in August 2011.

11. Carrie

Carrie Quiet Chatter

My best friends son died this november, that was a tough one too. he was only 14.

12. wendy

wendy Quiet Chatter

i lost my son 3yrs ago come january, he was one very special love of my life xxx