1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Anime/Manga Have you ever watched Spice and Wolf (anime)?

Beverly Oct 10, 2011

1. Beverly

Beverly Getting There

My favorite anime program is Spice and Wolf. It's not the typical anime in that the story line is based on economics and not fighting or training a creature for combat. The setting is medieval Italy. At least from what i can see.

The show starts out when Halo, the girl diety who lives in the wheat climbs into Lawrence the trader's wagon and rides off with him. She strikes up a deal with Lawrence to help him with his deals if he will take her back north to her people, a clan of wolves.

I like this particular show cause the characters seem to have real friendship for each other. And, though the lead female character, Halo drinks a little too much beer for my taste, she seems to be a good sort of person, with a good heart, at least deep down.

By the way, she turns into a giant wolf when angered. LOL!

The show lasted several seasons. I think you can watch season one on Netflix streaming or Hulu. And, for sure, Season 2 is on Hulu, though it's only subtitled and not dubbed.
    2. Saohc

Saohc New Chatter

Uh.. her name is "Holo", not "Halo".

Anyways, I'm going to get back into it at some point, but I've got a lot of anime on my plate..
    3. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

I have never, but ounds interesting.
    4. Marc

Marc Crazy Dave FTW!

Never even heard of it, ;) Anyway, I just checked out the trailer:

It looks okay and the dub voices are excellent from the trailer although it doesn't seem to have any action. I might actually watch it sometime, :cool:
    5. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

Ehhh, doesn't look like anything I enjoy.