1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Horsemeat Scandal

steel bat Feb 15, 2013

1. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

Horsemeat scandal: Withdrawn products and test results

The discovery of horsemeat in beef products has led to a range of processed foods being withdrawn from sale across Europe.
      Retailers and suppliers have been conducting further tests to try to determine to what extent, if any, horsemeat is contained in their products labelled as beef.
      The Food Standards Agency (FSA) says 2,501 tests have been carried out so far, with 29 tests showing
      the presence of horsemeat.

BBC News article - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21412590

So... who here has changed their eating habits?
      Or is a little variety in your diet not much of a worry for you?
    2. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

What's wrong with a little horse d'oeuvres ? :D
      jnugget likes this.
    3. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I will admit to being a little cautious now at what I buy and what I eat. I have always been someone who would never eat anything like horse, just don't see that horse should be for the dinner table.
    4. jnugget

jnugget Regular Chatter

people have been eating all kinds of animals for centuries chances are its will be like beef so we wont know the difference
    5. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

Though I wouldn't deliberately buy a product if I knew there was horsemeat in it, it doesn't worry me that I probably have unknowingly eaten it.