1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

How good is your pain tollerance ?

APS Oct 15, 2011

1. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

How much pain can you put up with before you seek medical/Dental help ?

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I would say I can go a while before I will consider going to get professional medical help. Say no I have a pain in my shoulder which is annoying and painful but I can tolerate it however if it got worse or unbearable that would be when I would go and see my doctor.

3. fiona1964

fiona1964 Chataholic

I use be able to cope with a lot of pain till I ended up with Arthirits in bothhips knees and ankles now I can`t go a day with out pain killers

4. Beverly

Beverly Getting There

My pain tolerance is pretty good, i guess.

I had planned to go through labor without pain meds until the nurse strongly suggested the doctor was hinting at c-section and then i took a cue and took the meds. Bad thing is, the Staydal made me sleepy so i would pass out and then would wear off at the top of a contraction and then it felt like someone trying to crush me from inside out with cramps. Worst pain i've ever felt and that's saying a lot considering i had two very painful surgery recoveries prior to that.

Anyway, i had to go through it without pain meds. Eventually the doc broke down and admitted there was risk of C-section and suggested strongly that i get the epidural. Best thing i ever did.

Slept like a baby for 12 hours while staff came in and out of the room and checked on me.

My daughter was delivered via emergency c-section 24 hours after i went into active labor.

Can't figure out why they didn't do the surgery before then. But she was the first girl born in that hospital New Years day. And, that was at 9:04 pm.

Would say the best part of the labor was the pain free part. Though I did well enough with the pain, just prefer the part without. That's the part where i was looking forward to her being born and not thinking about my own agony.

Being pain free during the birth process helped me focus on the baby and not myself and that was an important time for me, preparing to be a mother.

5. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

My pain tolerance is quite good but sometimes that can be a bad thing as I found out 4 years ago.
      I got up with backache and it gradually got worse as the day went on but I just assumed that it would pass but by teatime I ended up in a heap on the floor and couldn't get up so had to give in and let the wife call an ambulance at the Hospital I was seen by doctors then about midnight I was sent for a scan and by 2am I was on the operating table.So it doesn't always pay to try and ride pain out.