1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

TV How much time do you spend in TV?

Cecil15 Sep 30, 2011

1. Cecil15

Cecil15 I am Me...

My kids love watching TV so it is basically open at 10 long hours a day or so. Even if I would like to turn it off, they tend to cry when I do it so my only option is to turn it off only when they are asleep. I do not watch that long though when I was just alone 'cause it is only in primetime that I put my eyes on it.

How about you guys?
    2. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

I watch very little TV,usually watch a bit while eating,other than that there are only a handful of programmes that I make an effort to watch.
    3. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Don't watch too much TV myself to be honest some days it's around 2 hours and others non, usually only watch if I really have something I want to watch like a TV series or a movie, never really bother with the soaps anymore to be honest. Over the last few days I have been watching it alot more due to the Michael Jackson Trial airing on Sky News but even then I have breaks in between when I need to do other things.
    4. benjaminp

benjaminp Quiet Chatter

I tend to leave the TV on in the background and not watch it exclusively. My girlfriend thinks I'm sad because I leave the BBC news channel on all the time. Soaps I'm not too fussed about, but I do watch Coronation street with the other half; It keeps her happy :)
    5. Marc

Marc Crazy Dave FTW!

I don't watch much television, although if there are a few good shows or movies that's going on or coming up, I'll spend a little time there. For example, a Star Wars marathon.
    6. zararina

zararina Chat Addict

I do not watch TV shows a lot. I actually just watching local news and sometimes watching talent/contest shows just like Pilipinas Got Talent, Talentadong Pinoy, and X factor. I also watch local gang show Bubble gang every Friday. So I think I am watching TV an hour to two hours per day.
    7. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Exactly the same for me, sometimes I will have the Sky News channel on if nobody else is watching anything and I will be pottering about doing stuff and people will tell me I am weird because I have the news channel on yet there is nothing new happening and I am not actually watching it, usually my answer is I have it on incase something happens :)
    8. LucasMom

LucasMom Quiet Chatter

My tv is almost always on as backgroung noise or on kids shows for my son when he's home. As for me actually watching tv I probably watch about 1-2 hours a day. Of course sometimes when I'm home alone I will leave the tv off just so I can have silence.
    9. fiona1964

fiona1964 Chataholic

My TV is never really on
      I have my CD player on more I like listening to music
    10. Ikram45

Ikram45 Getting There

I watch tv very less only for like 20 or 25 minutes I think :)
    11. Caedus

Caedus New Chatter

I used to watch TV all the time when I was kid, now it isn't very much. There just isn't much on anymore of interest. Maybe 3 hours a day at most.
    12. Ghost Smoke

Ghost Smoke Like A Boss

1-2 hours daily
    13. Sentry

Sentry New Chatter

I don't watch a lot of television anymore, I used to watch up to 10 hours a day, but now I watch as little as one hour every week! I don't have time for watching television now. I'm too busy working, or posting on forums and sometimes on the ocasion playing sports.