1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

I hate being 17

RockTalk Feb 17, 2012

1. RockTalk

RockTalk Quiet Chatter

I hate being 17, at this age all you want to do is go out to clubs and stuff but you can't. I have some friends that are already 18 and I keep hearing about "How great last weekend was". I act like I don't care but the truth is I would do anything to be able to go out drinking without having to borrow someones ID. Did anyone else feel like this at my age?
    2. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

lol, I didn't drink at your age, I simply waited till I was of age.
    3. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

at your age I only wanted to be playing games and watching endless anime.
    4. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

lol keith me too, me too.
    5. RockTalk

RockTalk Quiet Chatter

I'm the only one?, That just sums up the Scottish youth then.
    6. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

Don't be in such a rush to get old :D you'll get there quicker than you think.
    7. Kaynil

Kaynil Quiet Chatter

Less than one year to go.

I think if it natural to feel this way if you have people very near your age and likes that are already able to go, it kind of adds some cool enigmatic aura to it. Once you get to feel for yourself a couple of times what it is really like to go, it will become less amazing. Meanwhile just prepare your list of what you want to do and enjoy your seventeenths. You don't have to worry about who to vote elections, I think, so kuddos.
    8. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I did feel like this when I got to that age and I think most people do especially if you have friends that are older than you which means they can do what you can't without any kind of worry about getting caught. It's awful to have to sit and wait to be of age and be able to do what all your friends are doing I will admit but when you look at it in another stance atleast you are able to do other things whilst you wait to be of age. Many people I know couldn't wait to be of age and when they was and they did it they couldn't see why they was so eager to want to do it, especially if it ends up being the same thing week in week out.
    9. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

I don't find clubbing fun, unless they're having $1 longnecks (helz yeah)

but when I was 17 and my friends were 18, we were all busy with school activities (some also had jobs too) so not many kids went clubbing at 18 unless they were the trashy kids. Most of my classmates didn't go clubbing until they went to college.