1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Iffy Email

steel bat Feb 9, 2016

1. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

So...... I saw what I thought was a familiar address and so I clicked on it...
      ....and it was iffy.

and now I'm wondering if I've picked up any nasties
      So...I've run several scans. Then run them again
      Done updates and then scanned some more
      I haven't found anything specific so I guess the best I can do now is just keep my fingers crossed.

When will they make it a criminal offence to either hack or infect someones computer and enforce it

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I agree SB, it's a shame some kind of law is not in place for this and they do not carry out punishments for this kind of thing. I am super careful with what I open when I receive any kind of email and even if I know the sender if it seems iffy I will avoid and ask them before opening however not all emails are that easy to work out before opening them. Fingers crossed there was not anything and you avoided any kind of problems SB.

3. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

The amount dodgy emails I get is fantastic but I have never fallen for any of them yet.
      You can tell straight away most are dodgy as your Bank etc will always address you by Name in emails not "Dear Customer".
      Never open an attachment unless you know who it's from or you're expecting it.

Shortie861 likes this.