1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

General IGN moving off of their own custom board onto Xenforo!

Smokey Jan 11, 2012

1. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear <3 Staff Member

Yep! you heard right! It's been rumoured for awhile but it seems that it's actually happening. The large gaming empire is moving off their own custom software that they've been using for years, originally created by Brian "Zerosleep" Claridge back in 1999. They are now officially moving off their system and onto the new xenforo platform. I've found out about this earlier today through a IGN staff member's signature when he posted on the PS3 Lobby.

You can preview the new boards http://ign.com/boards

However, keep in mind, unless you're a "Prime" member aka IGN's new insider status, you won't be able to login or access the new boards other then just viewing the index. So what are your thoughts on this? Personally, i think it's about time they got with the 21st century. I loved the feel of their old boards though, they updated it and that change really killed the look and feel of the 'classic' message board look they had going on. Which worked for them, so why change if it's not broken? Well that change proved it was time to step into the future. They seem to be doing that with Xenforo. I'm curious to see what the boards will be like when they officially launch them out to everyone else. :)