1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

"In a dark, dark wood" by Ruth Ware

Maddie Oct 13, 2016

1. Maddie

Maddie Getting There

Even though this book came out in April of this year, I recently stumbled across it at the local bookstore and decided to purchase it. I'm not in the process of reading, however, I'm not very far along in it yet. I've also just found out that Reese Witherspoon will be making a movie adaptation of this book (no release date yet).

Has anyone else read this book or are you going to read it? If you have read it, what are your thoughts? Will you go see the movie when it comes out?

[​IMG]

Synopsis: What should be a cozy and fun-filled weekend deep in the English countryside takes a sinister turn in Ruth Ware’s suspenseful, compulsive, and darkly twisted psychological thriller.

Sometimes the only thing to fear…is yourself.

When reclusive writer Leonora is invited to the English countryside for a weekend away, she reluctantly agrees to make the trip. But as the first night falls, revelations unfold among friends old and new, an unnerving memory shatters Leonora’s reserve, and a haunting realization creeps in: the party is not alone in the woods.

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I can't say I have read that book myself, no. I can only imagine it will be interesting to go and see the movie after reading the book to pick out differences though as there always is differences between the two when it comes to them releasing a movie based on a book.

3. Maddie

Maddie Getting There

I haven't finished reading the book yet but I am enjoying it so far.

There are some movies that stay pretty close to the books and there are some instances where the movie is nothing like the book.

Shortie861 likes this.