1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

iPhone 4S Battery Life

Shortie861 Jan 17, 2012

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I myself do not own an iPhone 4S however I have friends that do and many of them have complained about the battery life being very poor.

I had one friend just the other day say that she went to bed with a full battery, had turned everything off in the background that may cause the battery to be used alot and when she woke up she only had a few notifications from Facebook but her battery was nearly empty again, she has said she has to charge it roughly 2 - 3 times a day sometimes.

Has anyone else has this problem with their iPhone 4S and how did you solve the problem if you did?

2. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear <3 Staff Member

I found the battery life to be decent on the phone to be honest. Then again, i keep my phone off at times (I hate people calling me up or texting me at 4am....) but when the phone is on and such I get roughly 2 days on a charge :) I don't see a problem with the battery life from regular use either. I keep the stuff that needs to be off, off and i close out of my programs when i'm done with them. Maybe that's what she's doing wrong? When you hit the home button on a program, it's not closed. She may have to go into the dock/tray and fully close her programs. My sister-in-law complained that she had to charge her battery 2 to 3 times a day and i went to check to see if she had any apps running in the background, she pretty much had every app she ever opened, opened and running.....this will drain your battery like water. :p

3. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

Also don't keep Bluetooth on when your not using it as it constantly searches for Bluetooth appliances

4. Smokey

Yes, the same with Wifi. :)

5. Shortie861

Yeah, that could have been what it was either the bluetooth or the wifi then as she said she made sure everything was turned off and nothing was running in the background :)

6. Smokey

Had to be one or the other then hun cuz I get at least a full day's worth of battery life out of mine :) Sometimes more. :)

7. Ikram45

Ikram45 Getting There

You could try turning off WiFi/Bluetooth when you don't need to use it. My friend has one and it runs for a minimum of 2 days with moderate usage :)

8. Shortie861

Yeah that could be it, because if she is still getting her notifications then she must have wifi on to receive those.

DarkGizmo likes this.
    9. MakingCents

MakingCents New Chatter

My battery life isn't that bad, but my phone is drained byt the end of the day. My blackberry would last the whole day and then some before needing a charge, the iphone 4s definitely dies faster.

10. Smokey

Well, battery life, honestly, varies per user. :) Like I said, me myself, I can get 2 days out of mine before i need a charge. :) that's with wifi and BT off when not in use, killing all apps when finished with them and some other tweaks like low screen brightness. Leaving the screen at the lowest brightness setting really prolongs the life of the battery along with wifi and bluetooth, as well as location services turned off. :D