1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Johnny Depp's Divorce

Ella Jun 1, 2016

1. Ella

Ella New Chatter

It's hard not to miss on the news, but I'm not a Depp fan, but I feel sorry for him. It appears he had a mid-life crisis, had a pretty young co-star and was infatuated and married a bisexual/lesbian without a prenup.

Most people would do this privately, behind closed doors and I think that's what Depp wanted, especially after his mother just died and wasn't even buried. One is innocent until proven guilty, but the evidence against Amber Heard seems to be more damning, as her actions have seemed premeditated in how she appears, where she has been, and who her witnesses are.

I can see why Depp doesn't want to give her a penny, not because he is tight, but because of her deceit. The red flags were out when the apology video over the smuggled dogs in Australia came out; it was nothing to do with Depp, as it was Heard who had lied on the forms, but he appeared to be bailing her out which is why he looked so insincere.

The bodyguards were there, and their testimony is more relevant than the old friends of Amber's who are biased. Yes, the bodyguards maybe biased too, but if they did hear fighting, they would have intervened. Sadly, the mud slinging continues, but will people believe Depp is an abuser, or Heard a liar? She may have had a bruise (or good make-up) but no one knows exactly how the bruise happened. As many have said, if someone throws something at you, you duck or put your hands up to defend yourself, so either she was pinned down, immobile, or is lying. Then the bruise disappeared the next day??

2. Gelatine

Gelatine New Chatter

Well, this is one large storm of s***...
      That dog smuggling incident had me thinking a while back when it happened, because Depp is pretty well off, he pops out a new role every now and then, so he wouldn't be in the dire need to do something like that.
      I don't know what Heard was thinking when she came up with the bright idea to smuggle dogs in Australia, but did she think that because she's high profile people wouldn't check her?

3. Ella

Ella New Chatter

Yes, the dog smuggling incident doesn't bode well as it shows she does lie, is deceitful and thinks she can get away with things. From the reports they never actually spent much of the 15 months together, which would be easy to prove with passports and visas.

I read somewhere she is dropping the assault charges, but is now pursuing a route of damaging her reputation. I kind of think she has done that herself. While I am female and against any abuse, those who lie to get attention or to get the spouse to do what they want are no better.

Basically if there was an assault you do need medical verification from a doctor or hospital, and I haven't read that any doctor treated her, which any good lawyer would know is essential for evidence.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    4. Gelatine

Gelatine New Chatter

Very well put @Ella .

Her accusations were also fishy when Depp's other ex-wife, went and said that he is the kindest person ever and that he would never raise a hand to hurt a woman. So considering that ex-wives usually have only the worst to say about their ex-husbands, it came to me as a surprise that she chose to support him.

I think if Heard had half a tactical mind, she'd find all of Depp's exes and conspire with them to back up her plot to bring him down...
      If I were abused by a high profile man, whose voice is deemed more credible than mine, I would try to find out if he also abused other people, and I'd start with his exes. That way, with the combined testimonies of various women, this accussation might gain some traction to actually get myself some justice. But she didn't seek out help, either from lawyers or from support groups or try to do something about it at the time where this happened.

5. Ella

Ella New Chatter

It's sad that it's become so public and people are making verdicts already. The calls to tell Dior to get rid of Depp as a spokesperson for their ads is crazy. He's been judged with no evidence.

As for suing all his friends for defamation, how is she going to prove that? It's only defamation if it's false, and she must prove that they are lying and have caused her harm from those lies. It's not a classy way to do things, but I guess the lawyers are doing it for Depp's money, as she doesn't actually have much.

6. MamaFrankie

MamaFrankie Quiet Chatter

Emboldened bit - He shouldn't have bodyguards, he's just a person like everyone else.

7. Maddie

Maddie Getting There

I wouldn't give her a penny either if I was in his shoes. It's a shame that people have to get prenup's when getting married but I think there are celebrities that should have them.