1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Junior Doctors Strike

Shortie861 Apr 26, 2016

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

It seems there are a lot of mixed views with the Junior Doctors strike today which is leaving a lot of people with cancelled hospital appointments.

What are your thoughts on the Junior Doctor's Strike?

2. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

Seems to me to come down to two questions -
      Do we want 7 day-a-week health care ?
      How much are we (as a country) willing to pay for it ?

The Government thinks they've made a fair deal. The British Medical Association says not.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
      Shortie861 likes this.
    3. lisasian86

lisasian86 New Chatter

I work for the NHS so my opinion is biased, the junior doctors are working insane amounts of hours already and the amount of pressure they are under is not fully appreciated. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what day it is, if you need urgent care you will get it, there are always junior doctors in hospitals 24/7 it's jsut that certain non urgent clinics close at the weekend. What a lot of people don't realise also is that the consultants running these clinics are also doing other things aswell, some surgeons are doing operations and then trying to get to their clinic appointments on time. If the public want access to non emergency healthcare at the weekends they need to pay for it.

APS likes this.
    4. Gelatine

Gelatine New Chatter

I agree with @lisasian86 , and we also have to consider that by increasing the workload of the junior doctors there's also an increase of the possibility of medical errors. So while these strikes might seriously inconvenience many patients, it also means that by blindly accepting these changes the patients are more likely to bne misdiagnosed or mistreated by fatigued doctors.

It's an exhausting and responsibility heavy job and the British goverment needs to address it with equal seriousness.

APS likes this.