1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice
    • Dismiss Notice

Killer Clown Trend

Shortie861 Oct 8, 2016

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

The Killer Clown Trend seems to be making the round in the UK. I believe it was something that was popular in the US but seems to have become more popular now in the UK which is very worrying.

My 8 year old son came in the other day saying he saw a guy dressed as a clown when he was out playing, didn't say anything about them approaching him but I guess it's still very worrying knowing that this is a thing and people are dressing as clowns.

Have you seem any instances where there have been clowns around?

2. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

This wouldn't be happening if there were bobbies on the beat.

Shortie861 likes this.
    3. Shortie861

I agree SB, they have PCSO's but there is only so much they can do and even then they tend to be walking around big areas with only two of them and they are avoiding them and getting up to mischief elsewhere. It's getting ridiculous.

Just the other evening my eldest son was chased by someone dressed as a clown. He didn't get hurt but he did come home a little frightened.

4. Maddie

Maddie Getting There

There have been stories on the news where I live (I'm in the U.S.) where people are wondering around dressed up like clowns but there have been no reports of them killing anyone. At least, not yet. I think right now, it's just teenagers that are looking for attention.

In the U.K., it might be different. If these creepy clowns are killing people then I can understand the cause for alarm.

5. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

Perhaps if they made it legal to give these clowns a good whack with a baseball bat it might solve the problem

JK !!

Though to be serious, as the police are becoming less and less of a regular sight on our streets, I think it is getting near a time when local communities might have to establish their own constabulary. This of course will favour well off areas which can afford such things as private security and, as the criminals move on to look for easier prey, will further disadvantage less affluent areas.

Shortie861 likes this.
    6. Maddie

Maddie Getting There

I'm all for giving them a good whack with a baseball bat. :bounce:
      Maybe if people stood up for themselves and they fight back, these creepy clowns would be less inclined to do the things they are doing. But that's just my thoughts......

Shortie861 likes this.
    7. Shortie861

I agree, right now they are doing it because no one is fighting back so in which case they have no fear. Problem is though with fighting back you could be the one ending up in trouble rather than them as that's how the law seems to work now.

8. Maddie

Maddie Getting There

That's something else that sucks. You can't defend yourself without getting into trouble. *insert eye roll here* Where I currently live, the crime rate is higher than the national average yet we employ fewer police officers than the national average. I'm not trying to bash the police here and say that this is all their fault. I think they already have a difficult job as it is but I think this makes their job even more difficult when they are spread out so thinly that they can't help the people they are sworn to protect. So what are the people suppose to do? The police can't get there in time to help you but you can't protect yourself for fear of repercussions.

Shortie861 likes this.
    9. Shortie861

It is awful knowing that being the victim you could end up being the criminal because you acted in self defence to protect yourself. We really do live in a messed up world and that is why now these people who dress up as clowns are finding it easy to do what they do and scare people because they will either get away with it because there are not enough police or they will get someone else in more trouble for self defence. Seems awful we live in a world like this :/

10. Entmtone

Entmtone New Chatter

This is still going on here in the USA. It's very silly and childish. But it's freaking a lot of people out. If I had to guess the craze will die out after halloween.

Shortie861 likes this.
    11. Shortie861

We still have it going on here despite the police issuing a warning that anyone found to be dressing up as a clown and purposely scaring people will get a criminal record. I also believe it will die out after Halloween, remains to be seen how bad it will get on the weekend just before Halloween though.

12. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

Is this still going on? It's freaky as hell and I hope its not some cheap advertising for the IT reboot.

13. Maddie

Maddie Getting There

I would have figured that this would still be going on since today is Halloween. I figured they'd be out in full force for the holiday.

14. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

Can't say I've heard of anything. Must have been a prank and the people knew when to pull back.

15. DRock82

DRock82 New Chatter

I got a special shaped balloon to stick in a special place for these Pennywise wanna bes!

Shortie861 likes this.
    16. Shortie861

Put in a much better way than I could have put it :)

I feel like after a while this all calmed down and clown sightings became a lot less, I do believe the police had something to do with it if I am honest when they made their warnings more clear.

17. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

I like to know what even caused this in the first place?

Shortie861 likes this.
    18. Shortie861

This is something I have always wondered if I am honest. It seems like just one day someone decided to dress as a clown and go out and scare people and then others followed and we ended up with the killer clown trend. Usually one persons act see's thousands follow.

19. Maddie

Maddie Getting There

You're probably right, Shortie. Someone probably started this off as a prank and then someone took it to the extreme.....

I bet it is easier to not be identified since they were dressed up as some kind of creepy looking clown.

20. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

That's very disturbing that others would quickly so follow in something like this. Must be a lot of IT fans out there.

Shortie861 likes this.