1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Social Networking Main use for twitter

simplymama Aug 22, 2011

1. simplymama

simplymama New Chatter

What is your main use for twitter?

I know some friends of mine signed up simply so they could follow their favorite celebrities easily. Other blogging friends of mine signed up to help promote their blogs and connect with other bloggers.

I personally signed up in the beginning as another way to connect with friends. Then I realized what a great tool it is to help promote my blogs and keep my readers in the loop, so I began using it more for that reason.

2. zararina

zararina Chat Addict

I have a twitter account for almost two years and I had more than 1000+ followers that had followed me since I had decided to follow them.

My reason in creating an account there is to use it in promoting/tweeting my referral links and my site links. I had also found some earning sites that will pay you just to tweet adverts on your account although I have not earn yet from them.
      Right now, I am not that active in Twitter since I do not have links to promote.

3. Nissapower

Nissapower Shy Chatter

In my opinion, the main use of Twitter is to provide an opportunity for people/news to give live feed of recent updates about information and headlines. I think it is a very good tool for people for share news about peers easily and quickly. With Twitter, people are 1 click away from recent news updates.

4. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

My main use for twitter would be to follow celebrities aswell as some friends and family, I do have an account for personal use and for promotion use to help promote the forum however I tend to use my personal one more than my promotion one.

5. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

Never used Twitter.

6. Neomysterion

Neomysterion Shy Chatter

I use Twitter to promote Demand Progress, as well as say my statuses time to time, and promote cool sites I find.

7. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I think that is what many use it for now either to follow celebs or promote websites, I don't think I have ever really seen it used like facebook would be used to be honest. I myself follow alot of WWE wrestlers and referee's and it's always great to see their tweets :)

8. Roadley14

Roadley14 New Chatter

My main use is to promote my forums and websites but often i follow people who are an inspiration to me rather than say a singer.

9. ItsZippy

ItsZippy New Chatter

I used Twitter as an outlet for my thoughts. There's a mix of political/current affairs related tweets, observations on life and just things I find interesting. I also use Twitter to tweet about things that are happening; for example, when Question Time is on the TV, I regularly tweet, using the #bbcqt hashtag. Not everyone's cup of tea, but it seems a few people like it enough to follow me.