1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Marketing Callers To Be Beaten By New Tool

Shortie861 Jul 25, 2013

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Marketing callers who are constantly annoying people on their landlines will now be beaten by a new tool.

An online tool has been created to help people who receive nuisance calls from marketing callers to report them.

What are your thoughts on this? Could this put a stop to nuisance callers and would you use this tool?

Sky News
    2. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

When you have legislators who are paid off under the table to kill any such actions no tool works. This is what happened to this country. People were told that the telemarketing would be stopped and their phone numbers would be private, until the swine were paid off and changed that with some silly list you supposedly had to sign onto within some silly time frame. Our privacy was sold by legislators and today it is as bad as it ever was. So beware of fancy promises if a legislator has any connection. The real answer of course always is the people, if people would stand together and use that as a tool, for instance millions have their phones disconnected for one week, the revenue lost for these providers would be astounding, and you can bet something would be done and done very quickly. People have never understood they have the power to do what ever they desire if only they would band together and make a small sacrifice. I think it shows how distant all of us actually are from one another, everyone is too independent to actually make a commitment and give something up for a short time. I don't think there is a pay phone in my little town ! Then I could use Google Talk if needed.
      Kaynil likes this.
    3. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

I have caller ID so I very rarely answer a number withheld or any unusual numbers unless I'm bored then I might :D
      Shortie861 likes this.
    4. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

So does that mean I don't get to answer the phone as "This is Jake from State Farm" anymore?
      Shortie861 likes this.
    5. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

:giggle: Oh I am not sure :) you may get some that may slip through the net and not get caught that you can have some fun with :D
    6. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

I'll admit I laughed.

Anyways, I got my land line on that do not call list and we hardly get any calls anymore.