1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

General Members With Attitude

Shortie861 Oct 11, 2011

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Have you ever come across members or staff on a forum or blog whom have a really big attitude towards others?

What are your opinions on these kind of people?

I myself have come across a few people who have had an attitude towards others on forums and blogs, it really isn't good I don't feel and only puts people off wanting to be part of either the blog or forum.

2. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

Over the years I've come across a fair few.
      I don't like to get into public arguments with them so I tend to ignore them.
      I've banned many from forums because it has been there sole purpose to create havoc on a forum.
      They can kill a forum off if you don't act quickly enough.

3. TheHaze

TheHaze Shy Chatter

The bane of my life. I get angry really easily at people like this which when I'm an admin of a forum or two, really isn't the correct etiquette you'd expect lol. I've had a member on a forum currently who goes around posting like she is the know all / end-all of life and basically how she is better than everyone else. Needless to say though, she got banned for a month.

APS hit the nail on the head though with that post.

4. Shortie861

I have come across a few members like that myself in the past on many other forums I am a member of, never really had it happen on forums I am staff on though.

It really annoys me when you get members like that, everyone is their own person and the way I see it nobody is any better than anyone else so when you get someone like that on your forum it really does take the mickey.

5. TheHaze

TheHaze Shy Chatter

You got it right there Shortie. I mean, like anyone I have things that I hate people doing like saying "kk" and stuff like that, but I won't call you and start a flame war over it. Respect is something we need more off, both in the world and on the forums ;)

6. RJH

RJH Getting There

What do you class as attitude, I say what I think and do kiss a** to fit in and this sometimes rubs others the wrong way.

7. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

You hit the spot, Shortie. I totally agree with what you said. People with an attitude shouldn't be on the interwebs. They're just trouble.

8. Elseb

Elseb Regular Chatter

I've had my forum for nine years now and i've met a few members with attitude, i try and just take people as they are unless they go over the top. Everybody is different, forums would be boring if we were all the same.

9. Shortie861

The attitude I mean is members whom come on a forum to purposely have an attitude in almost every thread they post in just to get people's back's up. I am all for people having their say and if it means voicing your opinion in a way that may get people's back's up that I am fine with. It's the members whom come on an use their attitude as a way to stir and cause trouble on the site.

10. Beverly

Beverly Getting There

Guess there are some people who have an interest in stirring the pot and causing problems. Maybe it's just their way of making their own lives interesting.

11. Shortie861

I have to agree with you there. A form or entertainment for themselves which is kind of sad. I have also known people to do it to be little the admin and make them feel like they can't cope with forums and the running of them.

12. Beverly

Beverly Getting There

Of course, this is just another form of trolling. And, as you say, the purpose is to make the admin feel worthless at their job. Have always wondered if that kind of trolling is based off jealousy. In those situations, you have to look at potential motives of the person doing it. Sometimes, that helps put their actions in perspective.

13. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

trolling is annoying and do get members' back up or goat up. XD

14. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear <3 Staff Member

I've actually had to deal with a few members on my own forum recently because of their attitude. I have a particular user who feels she deserves special privilege and to be honest, it's annoying. I've had a few complaints about some users by my members and been trying to sort everything out over the course of the past week. When you run a site like Revillution or Chat Addicts you want all of your members to get along and be happy with the site and each other when a few start acting out and having attitudes towards everyone because they don't get their way, thats when you really need to take a step back and ask yourself. "Do I really want this person a part of my site?"

APS likes this.
    15. APS

The more members you have the harder it gets for everyone to get on.You'll always get disagreements but so long as they are kept polite that's fine.
      When disagreements sink to a personal or slagging each other off level then it's time for staff to step in.Staff must do it quickly and leave the offender/offenders in no doubt as to what happens if they continue.If they do continue,carry out the punishment,do not back down.

Kaynil likes this.
    16. magicmagick.com

magicmagick.com Getting There

well, some people are only strong and brave in front of the computer screen and sometimes they cure their insecurities on the forum members.

very bad if you ask me-

17. seximami

seximami Talkative

You know i never thought of it that way. Thanx Magic.

18. Kaynil

Kaynil Quiet Chatter

The problem I have is mainly with conceited people taht feel they can humiliate others and should not get in trouble because they are using sophisticated terms and avoiding profanity. Disrespect should be avoided, even if you do it 'elegantly' it is still wrong to attack another poster or try to make fun downgrading people as morons for not agreeing or not having the level of skills in X thing as you do. It is very difficult to make them realize when they are being this way, in their eyes they are just being 'frank'.

I don't know if you understand what I mean. >.<

19. Beverly

Beverly Getting There

As you say, it's the staff's job to mitigate these arguments and keep everyone in line. But this past year, i had a very unfortunate situation where an otherwise good member who'd been promoted to admin position started ripping up my loyal forum members. I had to let him go cause my members were starting to be shy about posting. In a way, he was being the troll. Things are back to normal now, everyone's back feeling comfortable on the forum.

20. APS

That happens sometimes when you promote someone to Admin,
      The feeling of power just totally overtakes them,glad you realised it was bad for your forum and took the necessary action.