1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Microsoft's new Xbox console 'codenamed Loop'

Shortie861 Nov 10, 2011

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Microsoft's next generation of the Xbox console is codenamed 'Loop', according to a new report.

Technology blogger MS Nerd has reported the Loop title for the long-rumoured new Xbox and claimed that the console will be "far cheaper" and more focused on the Kinect system.

MS Nerd says the console will feature a modified Win9 core, featuring a custom-made ARM-based processor and dedicated cores for graphics, AI, physics and other tasks.

The blog states: "With a heady mix of rumours, tips and speculation, I am now stating that Xbox codename 'Loop' (the erstwhile XboxTV) will indeed debut a modified Win9 core.

"It will use a Zune HD-like hardware platform - a 'main' processor with multiple dedicated assistive cores for graphics, AI, physics, sound, networking, encryption and sensors."

MS Nerd also claims that the new Xbox will be smaller and much cheaper than the current Xbox 360, gearing the product for "Kinect adaptation".

A launch date for the console is not clear, although a report emerged last month indicating that Saints Row 4, Alan Wake 2 and other games are already in development for the next Xbox

However, an industry analyst has claimed that Sony will release the 4th iteration of the PlayStation before Microsoft launches it's new console.

Source: Digital Spy

2. Dirty Harold

Dirty Harold Bringin' Secsy Back

Eh. I honestly wouldn't favor a new XBox console. My friends and I have all squared away countless amounts of money and work to achieve the Xbox 360 LIVE network we share. We all play 360 games online together. What I mean is, is that it would be a pain in the a** to work our way back up to a network, each of us having to buy and own the same game for the new console and required accessories in order to play with each other. If the new console is fully backwards compatible, maybe I'd favor it more.

3. Shortie861

Yes I agree with you there, many want the new xbox to be backwards compatible so you don't have the problem of having loads of games to play and not being able to play on the new console. I myself am hoping they take this into account as I feel it would be the best idea yet for and Xbox.

4. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

I'm surprised it isn't code name 720 :p

5. Shortie861

Yes I was surprised about that :) saying that though people are still going by the name Xbox 720 also and I think that is probably what it will be called for the duration until something is announced by Microsoft themselves :)