1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Movie Vs. Book?

Maddie Jun 17, 2015

1. Maddie

Maddie Quiet Chatter

If Hollywood makes a movie based on a book, do you watch the movie or read the book? Why? Do you do both? Which one do you do first?
    2. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

I think it has to depend very much on the author of the book. Some books I never get past the first few pages because they seem such hard going.
      But with some books the words just flow into each other, conjuring up a mental image of the world the author has created, peopled with believable characters and scenarios that capture the imagination.

And I think you'd find, it is such books that also make the best films.
    3. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I tend to read the books first before watching the movies if I get the chance to. I like to be able to compare the two and see what was left out of the movie that was in the book. :)
    4. jason29

jason29 New Chatter

I am not a person who use to read books and watch movie. Just read the movie plot in Google and watch it :D
      Shortie861 likes this.
    5. Maroon Caludin

Maroon Caludin Chataholic

It varies. Sometimes I have read the book first, and other times I see the movie first.
    6. FTON

FTON Quiet Chatter

Books are more interesting than Movies, but movies have interesting plots too.
      I wonder how Harry potter novels would be.