1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Mps Support Uk Air Strikes Against Is In Iraq

steel bat Sep 26, 2014

1. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

The UK Parliament has backed British participation in air strikes against Islamic State extremists in Iraq.
      After a seven-hour debate, MPs voted for military action by 524 votes to 43.

Source - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29385123

This is a war, I'm sure, that we really have little stomach for - but given the brutallity of the IS horde, do we have much choice?

2. jnugget

jnugget Regular Chatter

in my opinion this is going to be the start of the next world war

3. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I personally would have rather not seen another war to be honest but I agree, this is something we have no choice but to do now because if we don't ISIS will walk all over us.

4. jnugget

jnugget Regular Chatter

if you look at a world map it seems like some kind of plan to encircle israel which would be bad indeed

5. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

something has to be the trigger and the whole world is ready to explode.

Shortie861 likes this.
    6. Shortie861

I agree, it's not going to take much at all. I was reading yesterday that ISIS are saying that these air strikes from the US are not scaring them which kind of makes it worse I guess knowing that the US and also us when we finally launch the strikes are doing everything we can to either get rid of them or really scare them and they do not even seem remotely bothered about it.

7. jnugget

jnugget Regular Chatter

i saw another post on the bbc last night saying that isis are looking forward to meeting ground forces in battle

8. Shortie861

If you ask me they are just laughing at us only problem is we have to do something otherwise they will just walk all over us. I understand the UK has made their first hits now.

9. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

These lightweights are getting too much air time, murdering men women and children with their hands tied behind their backs after they offered no resistance is not what you call a force to be afraid of, they are cowards who couldn't last one day in a battle against any NATO trained land force. It gets to be a little comical after a while how the media is so eager to pass on this silly school yard babble. Jesus there's only a handful of these guys in any one area at any time, they can't be all over the area the size of western Iraq and Syria. The Iraqis simply aren't fighting just as they have done in the past two wars, they don't want to fight and would rather someone else like us and Britain do all the sacrificing, if a time does come that any of us have to go back in on the ground we should seize the oil fields and not give them back, make them pay us for saving their behinds again, it is simply stupid for all of us to continue to sacrifice and spend our national treasures to allow these people to not even do anything towards their freedom and safety.

10. Marti

Marti Super Moderator Staff Member

not good at all