1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Food & Drink My experience in Tokyo

MysticFire Jan 16, 2012

1. MysticFire

MysticFire New Chatter

Well I absolutely love Asian foods and Japanese foods are not my favorite, but still up there. I would always get Chicken Raman (or however you spell it!) when I went to this restaurant in England. It was called Wagamamas, and the food was really good. So, when I traveled to Japan I thought that it would be even better. However, what I got was...well gross.

You see, in Japan, they love their fish. So not only was it Chicken Raman, it was mixed in with fish broth. Talk about EW. Anyways, it was not pleasant and I would never eat it again haha. So much for Japanese 'local eating places' because that is what our tour guide called it.

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

That is a shame, when you go to a Country where it originates from you would think it would be better than having it in say your own Country, that certainly doesn't sound like it was too nice with the fish broth.

Usually when you ask for something with chicken you expect just that chicken. Was there any mention about there being anything to do with fish in the dish or just a huge surprise?

3. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

wow, I'm surprised at this, I always thought Japanese fish were the very finest. XD

4. zombo

zombo New Chatter

Wow that's an interesting finding. I really did think with Japan's status that they'd have some of the finest, most tasty food's available. I guess not! :(

5. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

assuming they could understand your language, you should have asked for a non fish bowl.

6. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

lol, chicken terriyaki perhaps? XD