1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

My usual request

APS Jan 10, 2012

1. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

Have noticed the Forum time is not on 24 hour clock.:)

2. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear <3 Staff Member

To be quite frank (and fair) You seem to be the only one who ever requests this. Why should something that's the norm elsewhere (12-hour clock is pretty much the standard on oh say 90% of forums?) Why should it be changed here for the sake of one user? I'm pretty sure you can change it yourself in the control panel on XF (someone correct if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure it's an option?)

Point being, if only one user requests something to be done, something this big anyway that affects the entire community, why should it be done? I personally feel this request should be rejected unless others step in and say they want the 24 hour clock time. That's how I do things on my forum anyway, if only one person requests something and others are against it (I'm personally against this) then it doesn't get done. Simple. It goes to the old saying "Majority rules" and i'm not trying to be an asshole or anything or put your idea down, I just feel this shows a bit of favoritism on Nikki's part if she grants this request just because you, ONE user, wants something done that generally affects the community as a whole.

Edit: I personally think the RTC (Real Time Clock) is great. It shows more in-depth of when a user posted something. Eg: 32 minutes ago, 1 hour ago, so on, so forth)

3. APS

AsI recall when I asked about it on your forum I was told it was a USA forum so time setting was for USA,this is A British Forum so request is not out of place.

4. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear <3 Staff Member

Yes that is a good point. However, is the mass majority of users on here from the UK? :) If so, then yeah the request isn't out of place. As I stated before, majority rules, as for my own forums, the mass majority of our users come from the US, which is why it'd be considered a "US" forum.

5. APS

Right I'm going to withdraw this request as I feel that the remarks about favouritism have made it difficult for Admin.
      I personally am quite capable of living with either format.

Not sure why you felt the need to even state this.