1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

New Xbox Dashboard: Your Thoughts

Shortie861 Dec 8, 2011

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

So the new dashboard is here. What are your thoughts?

I was on the beta so I had time to get used to it but personally I myself didn't see the point in them changing it the amount they have done, I do like the new features they have added so far like LoveFilm which I get in my country and also the cloud storage aswell which is really handy.

2. Dirty Harold

Dirty Harold Bringin' Secsy Back

I must say, the new dashboard looks quite epic. It's very slick, nice interface. Although it's neat, I honestly was not ready for a change of this proportion.

3. Shortie861

Yes I agree, alot of people are taking quite a while to adjust. When I first got it I was quite shocked and couldn't understand why they changed it the way they did, I guess the use of Kinect being possible meant they had to do it like this though.

4. Fullmoon

Fullmoon New Chatter

I .... HATE it. Loved the old style, it was so much easier to use. Very well laid out and easy to navigate, in my oppinion the new dashboard looks an absolute mess. Took me ages to find out how to get to the Last.fm app.

I Don't understand the beacon thing either

5. Shortie861

It is a bit of a pain with the set out of things to be honest.

The beacon's had me confused at first but after using them I have realised what they now do, if you have a beacon set it will tell you when someone is online whom is playing the game you have the beacon set for and also if someone else has a beacon set it will tell you when they come online that they wish for others to play the game they have set in their beacon, so basically it is a way of telling your friends you would like to play a certain game with them.

6. Fullmoon

Fullmoon New Chatter

Oh right, Can't see me using that to be honest. Normally it comes up ____ is playing ____ then I can send an invite or party invite.