1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Nintendo 3DS

Shortie861 Jun 26, 2011

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Does anyone have or has anyone tried the brand new console released a few months ago from Nintendo called 3DS?

I myself have tried this and I am quite amazed at how well they have managed to get the 3D without you needing glasses, I couldn't believe it when I saw it for the first time, didn't expect it to be so good.

What are your thoughts on the 3D? Could it have been better?

2. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Well, I don't know. I'm a bit skeptical when it comes to new things. I asked a clerk at a gameshop how they did it and still wasn't convinced about it.

3. wjack2010

wjack2010 Chat Addict

I tried one of my friends 3DS and after about 5-10 minutes of looking at the screen when turned on it made all my friends and my eyes go weird.

4. nolvorite

nolvorite New Chatter

its not a console, its a handheld. I got the opportunity to see one lol; twas rad. =D

5. Nintendo Master

Nintendo Master New Chatter

Your eyes adapt. After having mine for a day I was able to play games in full 3D without any headaches.

6. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Yeah alot of people have said that Nintendo Master, bear with it and your eyes will eventually adapt to it, my brother can play on his for a while however he does take breaks after around 30 mins or so to be safe.

7. Neomysterion

Neomysterion Shy Chatter

I may get one of those for Christmas or my 20th birthday, the price for those things will be cheaper. No way I'd buy a Nintendo handheld for $250, $170 is okay for me.

8. Elseb

Elseb Regular Chatter

My favourite gaming device at the moment, love it. Can't wait for the games coming out in the next few months. :)

9. Marc

Marc Crazy Dave FTW!

Then your eyes go bad... after playing constantly... am I right?

Anyway.. I've never played with the 3DS.
      Come on... 3D in games? I'll stick with my Nintendo DS, haha.

10. RJH

RJH Getting There

Won't be getting it as don't have 3D vision so waste of money for me.

11. Elseb

Elseb Regular Chatter

Strange how many people are saying they've had headaches, i've never had one!

12. Marc

Marc Crazy Dave FTW!

Keep playing 24/7 and it might happen.
      Although, I'm not telling you to actually do this, but I'm just saying it might occur if you do, ;)

13. fantanoice

fantanoice New Chatter

I have had mine since launch and I have quite enjoyed it. It has doubled as a personal Nintendo DS as well because until I got the 3DS I always had to play my brother's.

Anyway, at the moment the only 3DS game I own is Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. The 3D is a-mazing. I swear, seeing the pollen of the Kokiri Village was once of the most brilliant things I have seen in a game.

I also got to play some demos of some new and upcoming games recently, mainly Super Mario 3D Land, Star Fox 64 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising and Mario Kart 7. I'm looking forward to playing them further, but out of the ones I played, Mario Kart 7 was the stand out.

So yeah, 3DS may have had a rocky start but I have been more than satisfied with it and am looking forward to what is to come.

Kaynil likes this.
    14. Elseb

Elseb Regular Chatter

Resident Evil: Revelations was better than Mario Kart but both were amazing! :D

15. HawkPokemon

HawkPokemon Guest

I had been wanting one al 2011 and I had finally gotten one for Christmas. Its a really cool system, and after you get used to it, the 3d seems cool. Though It disracts me in racing games. So in Asphalt 3d and Mario Kart 7, I do not use it.

16. Elseb

Elseb Regular Chatter

Nah, i never use the 3D effect on Mario Kart 7. It's easier to play without it.

17. HawkPokemon

HawkPokemon Guest

Who has tried out the AR Cards or Face Raiders?

18. Kaynil

Kaynil Quiet Chatter

I have, I just beat finally the stage I was having trouble with in face Raiders. I really lobve the aplications I have taken photos of my friends, drawings and actors in movies covers and what not, hahah.
      I need to play more with the AR Cards,, I haven't unlocked the minigames yet.

Answering the thread's question... I do think it could been better, speacially the browser, I don't mean to have flash or anything big, but at least all the great functions from the cartidgre you could buy for your DS, whre you could 'write' instead of using the keyboard (I got good at it, posting faster), the abiity to trn off/on the dislay of images within the same loading page, the one column display that requiered you not to zoom anything and just scroll down, most of the places I visited worked nicely with it. All this stuff I missed it in the 3DS and I feel it was a jump backwards... still, internet is really just a minor thing.

In the other hand it included a lot more to bring juice to the 3D and gaming than what I expected, without any cartridge, the console brings you at east a few hours of fun trying to beat the face raider's levels, playing the minigame in the music player, using the AR Card minigames, etc. It is a nice portable.

19. Hotspot

Hotspot Quiet Chatter

I have yet to try it, I'd love to though. I don't even have my own DS yet, it's a shared one between my siblings and I. XD

20. iLeo

iLeo New Chatter

I have the 3DS. I sold all my DS games, gameboy games and DS systems just to buy it.There are a couple of things I don't like about the 3DS. One of them being the fact that you always have to be updating the 3DS and restarting it. Having to constantly update my 3DS has caused my R4 to not work anymore. The other thing I don't like is how they took off the alarm clock feature... |: And also, the 3D mode strains your eyes..