1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Now That's What I Call Music Series

Ashley Jun 7, 2012

1. Ashley

Ashley Shy Chatter

Does anybody collect these CDs anymore? I used to get them back when they still came out with good songs (this would be like 1990's to early 2000's) but then after Now That's What I Call Music Vol. 26 came out, I quit collecting them. Why? Hardly any good songs on the newer ones at all! One of my favorite songs is actually "Closing Time" by Semionitic (spelling on band name?) on That's What I Call Music Volume 2. I also love "Millennium" by Robbin Williams from the same album. Now days, as I said, it seems like the series has been sucking big time. No good music at all anymore in this series!

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I used to love buying these but I have to agree, the music on these just isn't great anymore. It's like they are running out of good tracks to put on the albums anymore so instead filling the spaces up with songs that aren't great, it really doesn't make great listening at all.

Ashley likes this.
    3. Ashley

Ashley Shy Chatter

Well, I should say that I started getting them in order, but then after a while when they started coming out with only one or two good songs, then I started just kind of jumping around. For instance, I got volumes 1-7, and then I didn't even bother to get 8 (as none of the songs looked good at the time) but I headed straight for 9, and then I stopped getting them in order completely and only got the ones that simply had good songs for a while. Now, as I said, I don't collect these at all anymore. Very last one was Now That's What I Call Music 26.

4. RJH

RJH Getting There

I own the first one on Cassette and between my wife and I own everyone in either cassettee or CD

5. Ashley

Ashley Shy Chatter

Wow! I haven't purchased a cassette in years! Course I have an iPod these days, but still! That's interesting!

6. Melody

Melody Shy Chatter

I used to have a big collection of these. I would always go off to the shops and buy the new album within a few days of it being released. I haven't purchased a CD for a long time I just download what I like now.

7. Ashley

Ashley Shy Chatter

I remember always being excited when they announced the next installment that was to be released... now days, every time I see a commercial for the next installment, it's like "why even bother?" So I'm no where near as excited as I used to be.

8. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

These almost always consist of the top 20 hits from the radio. I don't listen to the radio so I don't really recognize much of the songs anymore.