1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Online Pass Codes

Shortie861 Aug 22, 2011

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

What are your thoughts on some games now making it that you need a pass code to play online? Do you think this is the way forward or do you feel that it is going to turn people away from online gaming?
    2. benjaminp

benjaminp Quiet Chatter

I can understand their viewpoint to an extent. They want to stop piracy, but if something like this takes off, it'll kill the game re-sale market.

I hope we're talking about the same thing. It's not something I've ran in to personally yet, but I remember a friend buying UFC (I think) for the xbox and then having to pay £5 to register to play it online.
    3. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Yes that is the one :) it's for both attempting to stop piracy and also attempting to stop the selling of pre-owned games as gaming companies don't like the fact gaming stores are selling their games making a profit and they are making nothing from it, they hope it will prevent the purchase of pre-owned due to the fact that some games will include codes for you to gain access to the online play and if you purchase a pre-owned game the code will have obviously been used so you will have to pay extra to gain online access.