1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Parents Who Put Make Up On Children.

Shortie861 Nov 26, 2013

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Something I have never understood myself is why parents insist on dolling their children up with make-up, face masks and doing their hair with straighteners and hair spray?

What happened to letting kids be kids until they where at an age to decide for themselves if they wanted to wear make-up, style their hair and use beauty products?

So many people I know who will allow their kids to wear heap loads of make up from around the age of 8 years old and style their hair using hair dryers and hair styling products almost everyday. I personally myself will only use styling products if my kids school is doing something like they did on Children In Need which was wear bright colours and have crazy hair and I allow my daughter to wear her own eye shadow and lipstick but this is a kids kind not adult kind and she definitely does not wear it every day.

Just seems crazy that parents are doing this and it can not be doing the childs hair or skin any good at all.

2. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

Basically some parents rob their children of a proper childhood.

3. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

Have you seen what some mothers do their kids for beauty pageants? The kid should be taken into protective services.

4. Pats CG

Pats CG Quiet Chatter

These 'mothers' need caring - mothering lessons ! They drive me crazy !! YUK !
      :headbang:

5. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I have, it's wrong and should now be allowed and I can never understand why so many still allow it.

I agree Pats, it's not fair that children should have to miss out on an actual childhood just because they have parents who think their children need to look like some kind of model.

6. Pats CG

Pats CG Quiet Chatter

It amazes me that they just dont see the implications of what they are doing - this sure is a crazy world today .... :(
      Everything is so materialistic - such a shame ......

Shortie861 likes this.