1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Food & Drink Peanut Butter

Shortie861 Oct 10, 2011

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Do we have any fans of peanut butter here?

I myself love peanut butter sandwiches :) however I tend to have them little and often when I do have them

2. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

I love to spread it on the toasts in the morning. As for pb sandwiches, never tried them.

3. Shortie861

I used to love spreading it on toast when I was younger but I have never tried it since. It is something I think I am going to have to try again because when spreading it on warm taste it gives it a slightly different kind of texture and taste.

4. Castle

Castle Getting There

I like anything with peanut butter! Like them with bananas for a sandwiche, or with jelly, or with marshmellow cream. Love Reese's cups.

5. Shortie861

Peanut butter and banana sandwiches I do enjoy once in a while myself :) they are great to have as a treat when I fancy and very enjoyable if I don't have them too often. My children also love peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

6. roxfan003

roxfan003 Shy Chatter

Peanut Butter is delicious, especially Reese's peanut butter. I could eat Reese's all day long because it's so good. I like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches but I get sick of them easily. The best way to make them is to use crunchy peanut butter and spread on both slices of bread.

7. LucasMom

LucasMom Quiet Chatter

Peanut butter and honey sandwiches are one of my favorites. My favorite cookie is a chocolate, peanut butter, and oatmeal one. Its the only cookie I know how to make from scratch.

8. Shortie861

I can't say I have ever tried cookies that have peanut butter however I do think they may taste nice. I will have to take a look at trying to make some to taste.

9. Elseb

Elseb Regular Chatter

Personally, i don't like it. I've tried to eat it a few times but i can't enjoy it.

10. Beverly

Beverly Getting There

I like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Actually jam, not jelly. And, really exotic flavors like pineapple or raspberry.

11. Shortie861

Alot of people say peanut butter and jelly (jam) is really nice but I have never dared try it to be honest, I don't know I guess in a way I feel like the two together just wouldn't go right but so many say different.

12. Beverly

Beverly Getting There

Really? It's OK! LOL!

The combo is an acquired taste and you'd probably have to be raised eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in order for it to taste right. The taste is VERY sweet, maybe too much so. Most times, i limit myself to jam cause the jelly is pure corn syrup.

Now with that being said, i love putting jelly on butter toast. That's how i was raised here in the South. We all did it that way and ate with grits and fried eggs and even sausage. Very delicious! :D

13. Shortie861

I may give it a try just to see what it is like. I am very curious about how it would taste to be honest just never been brave enough to do it :)

14. Beverly

Beverly Getting There

Actually i think you will like it. Buy a couple varieties of jam, not just jelly and just start out with a small bite, not like an entire sandwich. Maybe just mix a little of the jam in with the peanut butter first and eat that on a cracker or spoon.

Another thing to consider, some jams have high fructose corn syrup and that affects the taste. Look for something with real sugar. Not that real sugar is healthy but it's better for the body than all that fake fructose sugar.

15. Shortie861

Thanks for that :) I have both in currently so I may give this a try :) if I make 1 slice of bread up and cut it up I could try it and also my children see what we think :)

16. Castle

Castle Getting There

Reeses cups is my favorite candy bar.

17. TiggyDoolittle

TiggyDoolittle Resident Weirdo

Wouldn't say I am a fan but if there is a jar in the cupboard I will have some.

18. Marti

Marti Super Moderator Staff Member

peanut butter and jam

19. TiggyDoolittle

TiggyDoolittle Resident Weirdo

My eldest loves the stuff. She loves PB & J sandwiches. Or she calls em American sandwich lol.

20. Domestic Goddess

Domestic Goddess Regular Chatter

My husband and I both love peanut butter! Especially my husband! While hubby much prefers the "creamy" kind, I like both, the "creamy" and "crunchy". We have no preference to the brand. We pretty much buy what ever is on sale. When it use to be on sale for 99 cents for an 18-ounce jar, we would buy it by the case (12 jars). The two of us enjoy peanut butter and jam sandwiches, but my husband will eat just a plain peanut butter on bread, and I like a honey, butter, and peanut butter sandwich. I do enjoy peanut butter on toast or an English muffin for breakfast, or even toasted bread with peanut butter and bacon, but now-a-days... I really like a Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, as well as... a Fried Peanut Butter, Banana, and Cinnamon Sandwich. Both are sooo good!

[​IMG]
      Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich

(I do however, prefer making this sandwich with jam or preserves, not jelly.)

-
      -
      [​IMG]
      Fried Peanut Butter, Banana, and Cinnamon Sandwich

(After I fry the peanut butter and banana sandwich, I place just one side of the fried sandwich in a mixture of cinnamon & sugar.)

One other thing... I also like toasted bread with peanut butter, marshmallow crème, and creamy hazelnut chocolate. Boy is that ever good!