1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

People born on a leap year.

SandyC Mar 1, 2012

1. SandyC

SandyC New Chatter

I saw a discussion on another forum about people born on a leap year and it got me to thinking a bit, do those folk have to give their age as of when they have a birthday, or can they say they're a year older each year like everyone else?So after four years are they a year old, or four years old.

The other problems would include going to school, getting a drivers licence, credit and a mortgage for a house, are you 4 or 16 when you go for your licence?

I can imagine the birthday party would be a hum dinger if your birthday only rolled around once every four years, lol...
    2. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

They usually take a birthday every year.

It would actually be 5 or 17 for driving licence
    3. TGLucario475

TGLucario475 Talkative

Aye, they usually have it on February 28th or March 1st. Or if you're like the Queen then you'd have it months after.
    4. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

Basically this, or both if your parents are cool
    5. TGLucario475

TGLucario475 Talkative

Or if you want to celebrate your birthday from 11pm February 28th to 11pm March 1st. :3
    6. planephanatic

planephanatic New Chatter

From the few people I've known who were born on leap year, they tend to pick either February 28th or March 1st. Other wise it'd be a bit more confusing. I'd be interested in how this is viewed from a legal standpoint, for example getting a drivers license. Would they be allowed to get one on the 28th, or would they have to wait for the 1st?
    7. forumhookers

forumhookers New Chatter

They can cleberate their birthday on star birthday date. We guys used to cleberate birthday twice.