1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

People don't like changes

Naiwen Oct 8, 2011

1. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Well, this is my opinion on this. You may disagree or not. This is what I remarked over the years, either on the internet or in real life. In real life too, we don't like moving apartments and we don't like it when the airline changes something. Or when a company changes their policies and etc. Even facebook and youtube. Their interfaces suddenly switch, and we're like "What has happened?" Am I not right. If you've another stance on this, please feel free to debate with me.

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I get like this alot with changes, I think it's because with so much in your life it becomes a routine and once something changes you lose that routine which makes you feel un organised or left to find something else to do in place of that. I have been like this alot especially with certain things like house moving for example, I know it's going to take alot and I know it will be a mess when it happens with boxes etc but I still get agitated about the changes. Another one for me was I used to game almost every night with friends and my brother and then all of a sudden everything changed and now we hardly game and that is another thing that became a routine but then changed. It gets you down sometimes changes which is not a good thing.

3. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

Most people don't like too many changes.
      We've moved house 3 times during our married life (39 yrs) each move was for the better,we've been in this house for 29years.Changes like we had on Facebook tend to get peoples backs up because they have got used to it set how they want it.
      I f we all opposed changes we would still be living in caves :)

4. Ikram45

Ikram45 Getting There

Most people don't want change because mostly they are too used to that specific thing. Changes can both be good or bad depending on the decision you make :)

5. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

The young are more likely to handle change best.
      As an older person, when there is too much change, ones life experience suddenly becomes less relevant.

6. fiona1964

fiona1964 Chataholic

In my 47 years I have moved about a lot not just in the UK for the first 12 years of my life we moved nearly every two years because of dad`s job
      since then I have moved house about 9 times
      I am happy with the house I have so far that is lol

7. Cecil15

Cecil15 I am Me...

Well, I think it is because people find it hard to adapt to new changes, especially when the change took place when they are so used to the old ones.

In my opinion, changes can be better or worse sometimes. But we still have to keep up. 'Cause as they say, the only thing constant is change. :)

8. artistry

artistry New Chatter

Adaptation is hard, especially when you are older. People tend to like having a routine, when that routine changes, it disrupts their sense of equilibrium and they feel out of snych. If you have your coffee and toast every morning before you leave for work, and you find that your toaster is broken and there is no toast, it will more than likely upset you. You plan something, and it does not work, things have to be changed, that causes you to be out of sorts. Changing from one job position to another, even if it is a promotion, involves change, which one must adjust to. You adapt over time, but it causes a disruption in your brain cycles. So change is inevitable, you just have to believe that you will get through any change in time, totally unbroken, and may experience growth in the process.

9. zararina

zararina Chat Addict

I think it depends on what kind of changes would it be.
      I also do not like changes that are I think not necessary or will just make a certain thing or situation worse or harder. If the change is for the betterment and good of most people, I would like it. We can not stop some changes and changes are part of this life to help us improve and learn more.

10. TheHaze

TheHaze Shy Chatter

I'm autistic myself, so change really scares the hell out of me. I need to be told in advance cause if things just change, you've got a mental breakdown on your hands! I know that there are things we cannot stop changing but hey, we can't change who we are now!

11. Beverly

Beverly Getting There

For a very long time, i had to move a couple times a year chasing down job assignments and that was just part of life. Unfortunately it stood in the way of completing college.

Now that my daughter is with me, i have the option of going back to college but find myself dragging my feet, cause to do so would mean upsetting her schedule and our life at home. Still i know that college will benefit us all financially as i will be able to get a better job and that will mean a better home, more toys, more perks in life, never having to worry about money.

So maybe change is good if it makes your life better.

12. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Have to agree there Beverly, change can be really good if it can change your life and make your life better and easier and give you less worries, I think it's nearly always more the adjusting to a change than anything else especially if you are so used to the way things are currently.