1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Philpotts Home To Be Bulldozed

Shortie861 Apr 7, 2013

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

The Philpotts home where 6 children died due to a fire their parents and a friend of their parents set is looking to be bulldozed. It seems that they council are attempting to take legal posession of the Philpotts house and also the adjoining house so that it can then be bulldozed. They have an online petition for people who live in the area to have their say on what the area should be turned into once the houses have been bulldozed, it's looking like it could end up being a memorial garden for the 6 children.

What are your thoughts on the two houses that are adjoining being bulldozed? Do you think it's a good idea and placing there a memorial for the innocent children?

I personally think it's a great idea to be honest, I don't think anyone will ever want to live in the house or next door to the house where those children where cruelly killed by the stupid acts of their parents which would only leave them in the end to be left empty and subject to possibly vandal or just rotting away.

Either a childrens park or a memorial garden I feel would be great for the memory of those children.
    2. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

Think I would favour a Children's Park rather than just a memorial garden.
      MsPJ likes this.
    3. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

Not sure that uprooting the neighbours is the right thing. Depends whether they would want to stay there or not.
      I think it has to be up to the local people what they want to happen, It's they that have to live with it.
    4. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

It seems the neighbours were an elderly couple in the adjoining house who passed away a few months ago leaving the house empty.

I was watching the news last night and its looking like the demolition may go ahead however their concern now is whatever they put there will Mick Philpott use it as some kind of trophy being the kind of person he is despite being inside.