1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Movies Pixar making 'Toy Story 4', says Tom Hanks

Shortie861 Jun 27, 2011

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

© PA Images / Matt Sayles/AP
      Tom Hanks has revealed that Pixar is planning to make Toy Story 4.

The Larry Crowne star, who provides the voice of cowboy Woody, said that the animation studio is currently working on a further instalment in the popular series.

"I think they are trying to do another one. The spirit afoot is to make a fourth," Hanks told radio station Magic 105.4.

"Whatever is going on at Pixar headquarters is a mystery to me. I'll wait until they blow white smoke out of the chimney or whatever it is that says there's another Toy Story coming down the pipe."

Additionally, Hanks told BBC News of a potential sequel: "I think there will be [Toy Story 4]. Yeah, yeah, I think they're working on it now. There you go."

Pixar recently announced plans to release a mystery movie in 2013, although the project is said to be unrelated to any of its previous pictures.

Source: Digital Spy

I really hope this is true :) love the toy story movies and my children will be over the moon if there is a new one in the works :)
    2. clauemi

clauemi Quiet Chatter

I hope it is true also, my kids love it too. It's a nice movie for adults too, makes you laugh.
    3. Shortie861

Yeah it sure does and I think with me still being fairly young when the first 2 where released it's a movie series that I would love to follow :)
    4. squeegy

squeegy New Chatter

As long as they do better this time...3rd was a bit lack luster.
    5. Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny New Chatter

When I first read the news I was confused for around a day as Andy has left. I guess they will find a way to build a new story though.
    6. Shortie861

If I think about the way the last one ended he gave all his toys to a young girl and asked her to look after them while he went to college. Maybe they will focus the next film on the toys with the little girl and a new adventure and Andy may come back at some point? I do feel that if they do make a 4 then I don't feel after a 4th they could take it any further without it being repetitive.
    7. khaleel

khaleel New Chatter

Wow this would be kool
      but its is getting abit too repetive
    8. fiona1964

fiona1964 Chataholic

Thats another DVD I will have to get for when the grandkids come over to see me
      Most of my DVD are for them :lol:
    9. moneymakingmom

moneymakingmom New Chatter

Oh great! Well sorta. My kid loved Toy Story 1 and Toy Story 2, but cried during much of the third Toy Story. I'm still holding a grudge against Disney and the Toy Story franchise about that. She was sad that 'Big Baby' had lost his mommy. We finally got around to watching the end of the movie this past month and saw that Big Baby finally found a home among the other toys and was happy. So she was happy too. Not sure I'd want to see Toy Story 4. What more could be said?
    10. zararina

zararina Chat Addict

I also love and enjoyed the previous Toy Story movies as it always have moral lessons to be learn n every movies. It has great entertainment value too not only for kids what for kids of all ages.
    11. Rondo

Rondo Chat Addict

I think they should not make another Toy Story. The story ended perfectly because all of the toys got a home and Andy finally grew up. If they make a 4th one then the whole series will get dull. I think it is best to end on a high note.
    12. Jenn714

Jenn714 New Chatter

Wow! That would be awesome. I really thought the 3rd one was the last. I wonder what it will be about? Toy Story is my favorite Pixar film, Monster's INC being second.
    13. Shortie861

I am guessing myself it may be a story around the toys living with a new family now and they will take the story from there and maybe Andy coming back from College and visiting them possibly. Maybe even an adventure for the toys to see Andy at college?
    14. Kicata1384

Kicata1384 New Chatter

My kids love the Toy Story movies, they have them all on dvd. My four year old watches Toy Story 3 all the time, at least 3 times a day. I will be happy and thankful if another one comes out to replace the constant playing of the 3rd one, lol.
    15. roxfan003

roxfan003 Shy Chatter

I would rather them not make a 4th movie. I liked the 3rd one but it wasn't the best and definitely didn't compare to the first and second one. The 3rd one though, did have a good ending to the relationship between the toys and Andy, particularly with Woody. If they did another movie, it would be like starting over and it just wouldn't be the same.
    16. Jandrew

Jandrew New Chatter

I absolutely agree! :confused:ylvia: