1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Plastic Surgery Or Real Beauty...

Naiwen Nov 18, 2013

1. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

I'm all for natural beauty, rather than plastic surgery. I've heard on tv many Korean or Japanese girls
      do to that to their face and body... An extreme case: a Japanese-Korean transforming her face into a Japanese's face for beauty ideals (not for hiding her origins or etc...)
    2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I can never understand people who have plastic surgery done just to make themselves look better to be honest, think it's wrong to do things like that. Having plastic surgery due to medical problems is the only kind of plastic surgery I am in agreement with.
    3. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

I have mixed feelings with this, I understand with some people, they have some plastic surgery to help with their self esteem. I feel fine with some minor cosmetic surgery because you have some unusual facial features or something like that.

Basically I feel fine with some minor surgeries, but if you have a lot of surgeries, then I find it silly. It's not that easy to tell people they should be comfortable with themselves if they have deep self esteem issues.
    4. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

In certain circumstances it's fine but when you watch some of these programmes on TV "The real housewives of where ever" You see some major facelift mistakes :)
      Spice likes this.
    5. Pats CG

Pats CG Quiet Chatter

Except for minor cases or disfigurement - dont like at all, changes a person in character - not always for the better ...
      Love the oriental look but, they want the 'western look', so are changing their eye shape - such a shame .....
    6. wiseguy

wiseguy Chataholic

beauty is in the eye of the beholder to me,but if a persons life is improved,ie, mentally for having surgery then i say go with it
      Spice likes this.
    7. Spice

Spice Chat Addict

Depends. If it is done solely to change their perception of themselves, then I don't think it is right, but it is their choice. In the cases of accidents, or some deformity, then I see nothing wrong with it. All plastic surgery doesn't always turn out for the better. I've seen come that have become freak shows because of their aim to make themselves more beautiful.
      wiseguy likes this.
    8. jnugget

jnugget Regular Chatter

i only agree with it if its for people who have been injured like in war or burnt ect nd also for women that have have a mesectomy to boost self confidence. it shouldnt be offered to nyone just because they want bigger boobs ect just be thankfull for what you have because there are alot of people out there that feel low because of there body and yea i am one of them
    9. wiseguy

wiseguy Chataholic

but at the end of it all,,,, MONEY TALKS ;)