1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Polygamy, what are your thoughts?

BeautifulAngel Jul 27, 2011

1. BeautifulAngel

BeautifulAngel Quiet Chatter

What are your thoughts on polygamy? Are you for it or against it and why?

In my opinion it's not bad or anything until they force someone to do something they don't want to such as marrying someone they don't want to or feeling like they have no say. Though if they would want to be in a polygamy than that is their choice and I respect that.

Myself I would never be able to be in a polygamy relationship, I wouldn't want to share my significant other with other people, and I wouldn't want them to have kids together either it would just be odd to me and I wouldn't be able to live with it. It would bother me knowing he is sleeping with someone else and starting a family with someone else. I'm more of a one-on-one gal ;) haha

Your opinions? Your views?

2. zararina

zararina Chat Addict

I also do not like the idea of polygamy in a relationship. It may be applicable to some specially if its allowed to their religion but personally i would not want to enter such relationship. I also want someone that would love only me and will be stick to one.

3. Elisa123

Elisa123 New Chatter

It's not for me but I respect other people's religions they same way I would like them to respect mine.

4. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I myself believe that it is other people's lives and they should feel free to live it as they wish to, I myself wouldn't do it however if other people want to be with someone and also have relationships with others then I feel that should be there choice :)

5. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

Isn't one woman enough for any man ?:lol:

6. BeautifulAngel

BeautifulAngel Quiet Chatter

You laugh but usually the answer is no. Why do you think a lot of people cheat? Because they don't have enough with just one partner they want more.

7. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

I've been with my wife for 41 yrs,married for 39 of them I don't need more :)

8. Cecil15

Cecil15 I am Me...

As a Christian, I think I cannot accept polygamy in my family. It's not acceptable in the community and law as well. And I don't like the fact that my hubby will have other family other than ours. I just want the traditional one, one mom and dad with our very own kids. :)

9. sdavis2702

sdavis2702 Guest

Very well said and I agree with you 100%. It's definitely not for me. But sometimes when we are judging how others do things, we kind of forget that we wouldn't want people trying to impose their views on us. One who is against gay marriage may forget that they wouldn't want someone trying to tell them what is right or wrong in their relationship. To each his/her own... plain and simple. Just don't bring any craziness around me! Haha :)

10. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

I'm absolutely against it... I'm against cheating of any kind.... even openly. I think it's really disrespectful to bring another person in the relationship. In ancient China, polygamy worked only one way, and there was lots of jealousy between the wives. If you love that person, you want to be the sole with-holder of his or her affections.

11. Castle

Castle Getting There

One woman is enough.

12. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

:lol: you would think most guys would have your way of thinking aswell :) some of them do not though.

13. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

I like your way of thinking, mate.

14. Allison

Allison New Chatter

Kudos to those who can sustain a polygamist relationship and be happy and secure while doing so. Personally, I could never do it. I knew people when living in the city who were in "open" relationships, and it confused me. I could never share my husband with any woman (or man), and I would hope he wouldn't want to share me either. Maybe I have low self-esteem, but I also wouldn't want to be compared to other women my husband was sleeping around with. I have no problem with people who choose to practice polygamy, but again, I could never do it myself.

Naiwen likes this.
    15. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

I personally wouldn't like to be in such a relationship either. I mean, I would feel very ill at ease in one.

16. Hotspot

Hotspot Quiet Chatter

I don't have a problem with it, I think people should do what they want to do as long as they don't hurt anyone.

I saw a documentary a few months ago, where there was a polygamy couples of three..... two guys and one girl and they all loved each other, I thought it was nice. The girl loved both guys, the guys loved the girl and the guys loved each other as well.
      At the end, they also said that they were dating a girl, so another girl may be added to their fray.

17. big lin

big lin Shy Chatter

I love my husband and he loves me. I'd be very hurt if he had another woman and I know he'd feel the same if I had another man.

But for those people who are ok with it then that's up to them IMO.

Shortie861 likes this.
    18. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Wow. thats the sweetest statement evar... XDDD Its so rare to see a faithful relationship going on these days!

19. Jesi

Jesi New Chatter

I see absolutely nothing wrong with polygamy though I would suggest polyamory as the way to go, in that you're with and/or married to one person but are free to express your feelings for others in secondary relationships. There is always that primary relationship and it should come first. Knowing this, to prevent your secondary spouses from having a primary relationship with someone else just isn't going to work in a healthy manner. It has to work both ways regardless of what sex you are.

Certainly this is not for everyone. I myself am inclined to be in relationship with only one person o such an intimate level. I would not however prevent my spouse from expressing herself to another. Yes this opens you up to possibly being torn apart but after having been torn apart many times before anyway you come you realize what it is you really want from a relationship.

This does not mean that they have free roam to just sleep with whoever of course and when your significant other doesn't tell you whats going on or fails to communicate with you n other levels - this is when you should e worried.

There is also the matter of hygienic issues and what to do in case of pregnancy.

Polygamy is not anti-Christian in any sense though other than the modern interpretation of the religion.

20. big lin

big lin Shy Chatter

Which particular modern interpretation? There are so many!

Jesi likes this.