1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

General Proboards 5?

Ashley Apr 23, 2013

1. Ashley

Ashley Shy Chatter

Has anybody seen this yet? Just yesterday I registered with a general discussion forum on Proboards V. 5, and I'm not happy with version five at all. The layout is way too basic, and while I haven't played with it from an admins point of view, I will say from a members point of view that I am really not happy with it at all. The registeration page was seriously confusing and misleading...I didn't even know if I was signing up to the forum in question or the official support forum, it wasn't as specific as most registeration pages are. The layout is seriously basic and the posting template is nothing short of confusing. I actually did one of my responses within someone else's quoted text and it looked like I hadn't posted anything at all! Thankfully the admin did say he's going to try find a better software. Generally, I could care less if forums are on free hosts' or not. I've seen some pretty successful free forums in my time...but when it's something that seriously complicated, at that rate I wouldn't hesitate to throw my two cents in! But I never care if someone else is using a free host or not. I am and I just love it! I have no patience for advanced hosting myself, and the thought of hiring someone to install mods and themes again gives me a splitting headache. Personally, I'm best where I am.

2. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

So very sorry, not interested.

3. Ashley

Ashley Shy Chatter

No need to apologize. I wasn't asking about my switching to it (ew!) I was just asking on general opinions.

4. Marti

Marti Super Moderator Staff Member

i like posting on a Proboard 5 but not owning a board

5. Kaynil

Kaynil Quiet Chatter

I have yet to try it out. I kind of played with a beta version of my boards but since I had no plans for them, it was just the 10 minute "shiny new toy" effect. Nothing deep to have a meaningful idea.

6. jnugget

jnugget Regular Chatter

you guys arnt missing anything im trying to decide on phpbb or mybb im done with proboards v5 so annoying

7. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

It's free no, phpbb is more well-done!

8. jnugget

jnugget Regular Chatter

true but trying to get onto there site to download it is a chore on its own lol

9. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

I talk to someone who use to own a proboards and there laughing at this. I read the update list and the PB software is just getting up to standard forum software.