1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Purchasing Phones From Ebay

MrPanos Jul 12, 2014

1. MrPanos

MrPanos New Chatter

Have you ever purchased a mobile phone from eBay or Amazon. If yes, how was the product? Did the seller provided any false information? I am interested in purchasing a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I would like to see if these sites are reliable.
      I have heard many times of people who were scammed. Are there any protections that I should take in order not be scammed? Should I pay attention to a specific thing?
      Please share with me your experience. I don't want to waste my money.

2. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

I would say the first thing to do is check the sellers feedback.
      Using PayPal gives you a good amount of protection also.

3. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Never purchased a phone from Ebay myself however I wouldn't say I never would either as you can get some good bargains on Ebay. Definitely check the sellers feedback to see how other buyers found their service. I would look for other people who bought phones from them or other goods that are worth quite a bit of money to see if they are genuine sellers.

4. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear <3 Staff Member

1) Check feedback
      2) Use paypal.
      3) Contact seller and ask any questions/concerns before making the purchase.

5. renaissance247

renaissance247 New Chatter

I purchase phones from eBay all the time, I have for years. As long as I check the feedback and read the description carefully I don't have any problems. I have Unlimited Data with Verizon so that's how I have to get my phones if I want to keep it, and I need to because I stream Spotify Premium daily among other things.

6. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

I was looking on ebay recently for an android, my present phone is not capable of running spotify. I saw one that was very cheap but I didn't buy it, in the future I will find another since this price was really good and I need an android device to also do some 2d game testing. I've purchased from ebay off and on now for 9 years and always had good luck. Most of the sellers never question anything they just refund or replace. I even had a mother board that wouldn't post and they just sent another and said to keep the bad one. You can't complain with service like that.

7. Jitto P Jose

Jitto P Jose New Chatter

I purchased my mobile phone from Ebay India. It never disappointed me... They delivered on time..
      I did a research about the mobile before purchasing.. so I didn't feel like the seller gave any false info...

Shortie861 likes this.