1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Rafael Nadal To Miss Wimbledon Due To Wrist Injury

KyngzIndeyen Jun 9, 2016

1. KyngzIndeyen

KyngzIndeyen Getting There

Former world number one Rafael Nadal will miss Wimbledon with an injury to his left wrist.

The Spaniard, a 14-time Grand Slam champion, confirmed the news on his Facebook page on Thursday.

The two-time Wimbledon winner was forced to withdraw from the French Open in May after winning his second-round match.

"As you can imagine it's a sad decision but the injury on my wrist at Roland Garros needs time to heal," he said.

The 30-year-old needed an injection before his straight-sets win over Facundo Bagnis in Paris.

Nadal said he risked further injury - and a likely break in his wrist - if he continued to play.

It's sad to see he's being injured so much these days. I'm seriously starting to think he's never going to win another Grand Slam tournament now :( ....
    2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Was very much sad to hear this as I always love watching Nadal when I watch Wimbledon, his matches are always exciting and a joy to watch. I do agree with you though it does make you wonder if we will see him win anything now especially since he is getting on now.
    3. KyngzIndeyen

KyngzIndeyen Getting There

Indeed they are exciting. It's still been an enjoyable tournament so far, but it just isn't the same without him :( .

(Though, he is getting on, so I guess it's something we'll have to get used to....)