1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Ranchero Singers

HAL WARD Jul 10, 2013

1. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

Up until around 20 years ago we didn't hear many Ranchero singers unless you lived close to a border town like El Paso, most of the Radio Stations in Mexico were broadcasting AM and low power, so if you were lucky enough to tune one of these great songs it was always in and out and faded, just really made me mad to finally hear a great song and it was so sporatic. Now things are different and all the great stars that sing this type of music can be heard. Vicente is the God Father of Ranchero, his son followed in his footsteps but sings in a very differnt style, they have specials every great once in a while and the two will do a show together, you can find those on youtube.

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

This kind of music I really do enjoy listening to because it has a different kind of sound to it and makes a change from other kinds of music. You don't tend to hear much of this music at all unless you find it yourself on places like YouTube. One movie I remember seeing this kind of music in was The Three Amigos which was a movie made in 1986 I think.

3. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

There are many different forms of this music as in all cultures, it does have a clear disticntion when you listen to each different style. I guess like all musicians they have their own great stars and then the not so well known. My favorite female singer from Mexico has a style that is like no other. I'll find her music and post some of it.

4. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

Paquita la del Barrio One of the greatest Mexican Female Ranchero singers!

Aleandro Fernandez Son of Vicente Fernandez