1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice
    1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Ok, so it is not too often that I rant but hey I am feeling a need to rant right now.

Why do people choose to be hypocrites I don't get it, do people seem to think that they are invisible, that others can't see that they are saying one thing and doing another? It really grinds my gears when people do this, they will pick fault with others for doing things yet they do it anyway how can you justify that being right?

Another thing that has really got to me aswell, why do friends choose to do things just to annoy you whether it be on purpose or without realising. If someone wants you to be online or wants to chat and you are not there surely you would message them in a way you know they will get it, but oh no instead they wait until you are online and then have a go because you wasn't there.

One more thing, is it just me or has Facebook suddenly turned into Whinge Book, wow! I have now resorted to not even bothering with going on there because everytime I do someone else is having a whine about something whether it be because they haven't slept or because they do not feel well or because someone has hurt them, it angers me because everyone has their problems yet you get someone whom will come forward on Facebook and make out the world is ending because of their problem and half the time it's to get attention.

I have since disappeared off the face of the earth every where apart from forums for now, I don't know if it's just me but seeing people make out their goody too shoes and others are not even though I have quite clearly seen them act that way and also people who choose to make out life is so bad just really annoys me!

Arrrggghh!!! Rant over!

2. Elseb

Elseb Regular Chatter

Facebook is the place to be for whinging!! Everybody is repetitive, it can be pretty boring. I tend to ignore comments like that but sometimes they are all over your page. :|

Shortie861 likes this.
    3. Shortie861

I agree, I can be scrolling down sometimes just checking and then all of a sudden I get a load of status updates from the same person just going on like the world is going to end. The world isn't going to end and people that probably are having a harder time than you are seeing this and thinking wow, that's all that is wrong and you feel the need to make out it's the end of the world.

Alot of the time it is attention seeking and some of the things I have seen posted does make me wonder if it's more than sympathy on Facebook they need.

4. Elseb

Elseb Regular Chatter

HA! My page is basically just a football chat with heaps of people, i don't use it to post my feelings, it's just not my thing.

5. RJH

RJH Getting There

Great rant and agree with you and also we should make this the official rant topic :)

Shortie861 likes this.
    6. Shortie861

I agree :) everyone should have a place to rant and this can be the place :)

Stickied for easy reach when members need to rant :D

RJH likes this.
    7. RJH

RJH Getting There

Great, I have waited up for someone and they never bothered showing up....

8. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear <3 Staff Member

My cousin pretty much just rants on facebook about how hard her life is. The girl doesn't go to school, works like a maximum of 3 days a week and has money handed to her left and right by my uncle, it's really sad. Yet she'll go on about how hard her life is and how much it sucks. I really feel like slapping her half the time. :-/ This is like a daily thing too, gets to the point where ya really just don't wanna bother with facebook anymore. Only reason I still use it is cuz I have friends I can't keep in touch with otherwise.

9. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

I know how you feel about people who post nothing but doom and gloom on Facebook but at the end of the day you have the power to just unfriend them :)

10. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Facebook is indeed the place for drama, and for other things, you know, teen drama. So yeah, not surprised FB's gone to the dogs like that.

11. RJH

RJH Getting There

Rant people who pick spots on the smallest issue, stop being so damn anal.....

12. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

lol RJH, XDD well, you know people are always very keen on spotting faults and stirring up issues when there's nothing going on.

13. RJH

RJH Getting There

Depends on your view point though.

14. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

what do you mean? depends on my viewpoint? People are naturally keen on slating and scathing others yes?

15. tinkerbulilit

tinkerbulilit New Chatter

I can totally relate to this! Do you know how I have actually hid several persons from my news feed? I don't want to delete them since they will surely find out if I do. So its better to hide their activities for my own peace of mind. :D

Shortie861 likes this.
    16. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear <3 Staff Member

Best solution ^. I've done this and it works a charm, seriously. :D

17. Shortie861

Also used this method myself :) it can work wonders however it doesn't work in preventing them messaging you so you end up with the whining anyway which is very annoying, and they always find out that you have deleted them and then find some other way to contact you to get to you even more so you just end up going around in a big circle.

18. Elseb

Elseb Regular Chatter

Yep, best way to do it really. I will have to do this as some of the comments just annoy me!

19. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

how exactly do I hide newsfeeds activities? I mean, in terms of confidentiality, fb doesn't really hold it's own.

20. Shortie861

To hide individual people's status updates from your newfeed if you hover over that friends status update you should see an arrow in the right corner that points down, if you click on that it should give you some options and one of them should say unsubscribe from status updates from that person and that should hide their updates from your news feed :)