1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Recommend An Album

deepdoop Aug 18, 2014

1. deepdoop

deepdoop New Chatter

This is a thread idea that I used to do on forums, and maybe it's been done here before, but the general idea is to just take an album you really like and talk about it. I'm assuming file sharing isn't allowed here? It doesn't matter either way. The point being... recommend an album that you think people may not have heard OR just an album you really like. But in order to get conversation going and whatnot, make sure to say a little something about it!

I will be back in this thread to do so, but I'm just doing a quick look through other places on here for some posts to reply to and then I'm going to play the Witcher. I just wanted to get this thing started because I like the idea of everyone discovering music together.

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

This is a great idea :) I am always looking for new music to listen to so this could really help me to do so :)

An album I am really liking at the moment and has been my favourite for a few years now is Tailgates and Tanlines by Luke Bryan. There are some really great songs on there to suit everyone's moods no matter what mood you may be in at that point. This is a Country music album but even people who are not keen on Country music have given this a listen and been surprised at their liking of some of the songs :)

3. deepdoop

deepdoop New Chatter

I'm going to acquire that album by totally legal means at some point and give it a listen. Thanks for participating.

I plan on posting a variety of genres in here, one at a time, and I'll start off with some dark jazz/ambient.

Bohren & der Club of Gore -- Black Earth

This is not like the type of jazz that you might expect. Black Earth is the perfect music for a moody, film noir walk through your city/town. I use it a lot when I'm writing because it builds a dark atmosphere. Unlike a lot of jazz, it's not really about showcasing your instrument skill, as they also mix ambient. It's more about the tone, the atmosphere, the mood.

Sample song:

Shortie861 likes this.
    4. Ich Bin Butler

Ich Bin Butler New Chatter

Film noire dark jazz sounds like my kind of Tuesday night. I'll give it a listen later on, don't have the time yet.
      I'll also recommend an album later on, as I don't even think I have the time to look on Youtube and write a little paragraph to make it sound attractive.

5. Ich Bin Butler

Ich Bin Butler New Chatter

Okay, guess I'll start with something old but obscure: Morphine. Most of their music is like minimalist jazzy rock, lots of low tones and bass and cool smoothness. However, their final album, The Night, posthumously released after the frontman's death in 1999, is filled with guest musicians (not famous ones or anything, just extra instruments) and creates this very full, deep dark sound.

Edit: Black Earth, while not something I'd listen to if I wanted to just listen to music, would be great for a late night drive or walk, or something to play while you go to sleep. Oh, the dreams you'd have of sleeping with office secretaries in black and white, their slender, pin-up style bodies grainy, a cigar trailing smoke from an ashtray on the desk, and then a car pulls up outside, and men with tommy guns whose faces are a little out of focus and shady run up to you, and this is a dream, so, like, they are also clowns. Now juggalo gangsters are shooting balloons at you and you're like "wait, shouldn't this hurt?" and you wake up. You remember nothing of your dream.
      That's just the impression I got.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    6. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Here is another :)

Nickelback - Here and Now :) great albums with a ton of great songs on it that it can be a great album to listen to. They are about the only rock band I can honestly say I can tolerate and listen to and some of the songs on here I can listen to a ton of times without ever getting bored. Here is a song off this album :)

Always a great album to play up loud as well :)