1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Retro Gaming With Kids

trewqaz Jun 20, 2012

1. trewqaz

trewqaz New Chatter

I downloaded Super Mario Bros Wii in the Nintendo Marketplace one day on a whim. I was happily playing it when my 16 year old nephew stopped by to see what I was up to. He laughed at the graphics and the concept, but finally gave it a try. He found it super addicting and had to go home and download it himself.

My five year old is also a big fan. In our house we've revived not only the classic Marios but a lot of Sonics. They're not as big on my old Atari games, but Barn Stormer can raise an occasional laugh or two! I think part of the appeal is that even my mom will play the classic games because they're simpler and the kids really enjoy watching their grams cuss about falling off cliffs!

Have you tried busting out your "grandma / grandpa" games with your youngins? My nephew now respects his video gaming forebears, how have the kids in your life reacted?
    2. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

It depends, some results have been positive since gaming is just gaming, but there are a few "graphic whores" who refuse to play anything that isn't top notch graphics. This guy I know says Oblivion is a much better game than Skyrim, but refuses to play Oblivion again because the graphics are too old.