1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Rumour: Internet Explorer coming to Xbox 360

Shortie861 May 11, 2012

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

It has been rumoured that Microsoft could be bringing Internet Explorer to Xbox 360.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think it is a good move by Microsoft if the rumours are true?
    2. Dirty Harold

Dirty Harold Bringin' Secsy Back

I'm sure it would bring many more consumers to buy the systems, but IMO- to most savvy computer geeks, they wouldn't like that as we know Internet Explorer is like the antichrist.
    3. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

Don't you mean people who want people to think that they're computer savvy think it's the Antichrist? Most of the anti-IE arguments are from when Firefox first came out and most of those arguments have not moderned up to the current versions of both browsers.

If Microsoft is forcing you to pay for Xbox Live to be able to use IE then that will be silly.
    4. Elseb

Elseb Regular Chatter

I would be very happy with a browser on 360, seems a bit silly there isn't already one.
    5. Ikram45

Ikram45 Getting There

In my opinion, Internet Explorer sucks on the PC and so it would be the same for Xbox. Why don't they implement Google Chrome, Firefox or Opera?
    6. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

Well console browsers suck in general, so I don't think it's going to help which browser it is. Just look at the DSi browser and it's Opera.
    7. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

I could care less or give a hoot about it tbh, because quite frankly, don't use it.
    8. trewqaz

trewqaz New Chatter

I think it's a bit weird that there's no functionality for a browser now. Although, truth be told, I can't really think of any reason I would ever want to use it. A console will never be an acceptable counterpart for a laptop or even a tablet, so browser functionality really isn't critical. I agree that Chrome or Firefox would make a better hook for the technology obsessed among us, although even the tech geeks probably won't be all that over-awed by browser functionality on the 360 and surely Microsoft would benefit from keeping it all in-company. The latter point is probably why XBox will stick with Internet Explorer.
    9. onyxprimal

onyxprimal New Chatter

Most of the reason I wanted a browser are now available on Xbox (You Tube, Hulu, Crackle). I'm not going to turn it down, because you never know when you might need it or when it will come in handy. I think I might pick up a chat pad now though. That on screen keyboard angers me. :)
      Shortie861 likes this.
    10. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Must admit the on screen keyboard can be annoying :) I have got used to it myself now so it doesn't bother me as much but a chat pad would be cool.