1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Ryan Dunn more than twice legal drink limit at time of crash

Shortie861 Jun 23, 2011

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Ryan Dunn was legally drunk when he was involved in the car crash that led to his death, it has been announced.

Police confirmed earlier today that the Jackass star's blood alcohol level was .196 at the time of the accident, nearly two-and-a-half times the legal limit, which is set at 0.8.

Dunn was killed on Monday morning after crashing his Porsche at Route 322 and New Street in West Goshen Township, PA.

It was later confirmed that Dunn was the driver in the accident, with officers citing speed as a contributing factor in the crash.

Police revealed that the 34-year-old was driving between 132mph and 140mph at the time of the accident, according to TMZ. It was previously suspected that the Jackass star had been travelling at speeds of at least 130mph.

Dunn's 30-year-old friend Zachary Hartwell was also a passenger in the vehicle. His life was claimed by the crash.

Source: Digital Spy
    2. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

I feel sorry for his family but it's the same old story drink and driving are a recipe for disaster.
    3. Shortie861

Have to agree there, he was a great person and some of what he did was great, he really did live his life to the full but drinking and driving was one step too far in the end.
    4. clauemi

clauemi Quiet Chatter

Well maybe this will be a lesson for his 'fans' who drink. Some tragedy always has to happen for people to learn.
    5. Shortie861

It is a shame that something has to happen for people to realise I must admit. I feel that maybe alot of his fans may have took a step back and thought but there will be more of these tragedies.
    6. Savvy

Savvy New Chatter

Wow, twice? He had no business driving and I can't believe he would take such a huge risk.