1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Sega confirms Yakuza HD remakes

Shortie861 Jul 19, 2012

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Sega has recently confirmed that they will be releasing Yakuza and it's sequel in HD.

Yakuza 1&2 HD Edition will launch in Japan on 1st November 2012.

Aswell as HD both of the games will also benefit from reduced load times and eaten food will show up on a check list, while the item box can be managed in phone booths.

Digital Spy
    2. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

These games aren't English dubbed are they?
    3. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I couldn't say, I can't say I have seen anything stating that they are myself.
    4. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

It said it was only to be released in Japan with no mention of the West, so I doubt they're English dubbed.
    5. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear <3 Staff Member

As a Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku guru i'll clear the air a bit.

Yakuza 1&2 HD are being released in Japan in HD on November 1st. In japan Yakuza is known as Ryu ga Gotoku, roughly translates to "Like a Dragon". The japanese versions are completely in japanese, dub and sub. Yakuza in the west is japanese dub and english subbed with the exception of Yakuza 1. Yakuza 1 has english sub and dub. However, with Yakuza 2 and onwards, it's just english subs with Japanese dub. :) Still, once you can get past that, the series is awesome. :) My favorite series of all time as a matter of fact. :D