1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Should Cyberbullying And Trolling Be "illegal"?

Naiwen Jul 28, 2013

1. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Or should Youtube/other big internet sites ban "hateful, racist" comments said against a user or a group of users (such like the Women, Arabs, Jews, Men, religious people) or whatever?

2. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

If they did there would be no Internet sites, think of a world that has had a mass lobotomy, the only difference in the Internet from the street is you can get away with being a bully, that's why it's so popular. It would surprise a lot of people to see who their tormentor is in real life, one thought that comes to mind is the kid with the horned rimmed glasses in Bullwinkle. :)

3. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Youtube's doing something about it, even "reinforcing the rules"? Do you agree with it or not?

4. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

Cyber bullying is bad, but trolling is fun.

Some people also need to know the difference between an actual troll and someone who's a jerk since there is a BIG difference. I think people overuse troll without knowing what it actually means.

[​IMG]

Trolling is a art.

5. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Oh yeah, I got into some kind of "No u" argument online eh? He was "no uing" me.... so was he a troll or a douche?

6. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

If all he was saying was "no u", then he was probably a troll. Albeit a bad one.

7. Pats CG

Pats CG Quiet Chatter

Hateful - racist comments should be banned and any type of bullying. I avoid these sites, would not want to associate with this type of person ....

8. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

Like most large sites youtube uses word dictionaries and custom list to oversee their comments section. Media sites like hometown newspapers use real censors and delay postings until they read content. Myself I dislike any type of censorship of expression, the "word" censoring I have no problem with. When you start dictating to other people what they can talk about or what they are allowed to say you have become just that, a dictator. Nothing is more important than freedom of expression, unless you live in a society where you don't have it. Then if anything is mentioned about that group or culture you are called just what you said, mean, a racist or worse. All of us are different and that's what makes our world, you couldn't possibly live your life and not dislike something another person said. I have better things to do than worry about what other people do or say, I have no interest in changing what other people do or say. In my day it was called mind you own business. Here is a great start in deciding should I like censorship or not. Two changes in this very small list......I don't consider Ho Chi Minh a dictator as such, his story was much different, also Hirohito was a figurehead and not a dictator, I doubt he had little to do with WWII being fought. The rest of these guys listed here loved telling people what they could say or do. This is where censorship leads and our country is deeply involved with evil people infiltrated into our government attempting the very same things. Like all the rest of these they will fail also.

http://oddstuffmagazine.com/13-bloody-dictators-of-the-20th-century.html

9. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

but such freedom of speech could get people doing wrong things like : drugs, smoking and drinking, committing suicide and even "harassing" a person's channel with "hate" speech.

Pats CG likes this.
    10. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

As someone who actually studied Japanese history, I can say that Hirohito played a good part in WWII. He was pretty involved in the government, especially since the military and the government were independent of each other and both only had to answer to the emperor.

11. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Somehow, the article forgot George W. Bush and death casualties in Afghanistan and in tortures in Cuba (Guantanamo). And Wow, a Japanese guy saying so. You're a traitor to your own people, Grungiekins.

12. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

Death casualties in Afghanistan are from the war, not from any "dictatorship".

13. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Who said yes to the War? And who said "go ahead USA"? Bush administration & European Union. Nobody could say "no" to him even Americans against said War, so yes a form of tyranism.

Pats CG likes this.
    14. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

but that's not a dictatorship

15. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Some sort of "oppression" then? Which is "dictatorship" to a "lesser" extent. Some US citizens had opinions against what he did and they were "not allowed" to say them outloud nor to "manifest against the War".

16. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

Not really, people just love throwing "dictator" around at any kind of political entity they disagree with.

17. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Yep... for many, Bush=dictator & tyrant, not only people from Afghanistan.

18. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

Many people think the same for Obama. My point is, dictator has basically turned into something people slap onto a political figure they disagree with.

19. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Again, I agree! Obama=dictator? Americans think that of him or other people?

20. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

Hang out on super conservative websites. Anyway, this thread is getting off topic.